Author Topic: Mucous poo after strict elimination :s  (Read 1499 times)

Offline pinkism

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • who needs milk anyway?!
Mucous poo after strict elimination :s
« on: August 18, 2010, 22:58:07 pm »
I have been super careful with DS's diet (no dairy/egg) but he's getting mucousy poo and still vomiting more than I think an 8 month old should, not tons at one time but a mouthful or three minimum 4 times a day which is  often quite mucousy now I think about it. The reason we stopped dairy/eggs/sesame was hives plus vomiting.
Two options:
MIL is giving him something he isn't allowed  ???
OR something else is causing these symptoms and has been there all along but not noticed, with the dairy/eggs having the same symptoms.

Can you get mucous poop with other allergies and intolerances?
Wondering if it's the soy yoghurts....just going off the link I see on this forum between milk and soya.

Ooor it's the C&G Pepti-J. No experience with how 'good' this milk is and I've stopped BFing all together now so he is only getting this plus food.

Thanks so much xxx

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: Mucous poo after strict elimination :s
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:40:32 am »
Many bubs who are dairy intolerant or also soy intolerant.  I don;t know the percentage off hand but something like 50%.   So the advice is to go soy free if you are going dariy free as a precaution.

See this website for more info: http://mspikids.info/

I had been dairy/soy/gluten free since Ds2 was 3 weeks old (now 5 months)  and still getting green mucus poos.  I looked into it and basically anything thatis labelled as an allergy food or an intolerant food can cause the mucus poos, it means their digestive tract and bowel is irritated and damaged.

Don't know anything about the milk you mentioned.

Anyway,  I cut egg, an still problems.  Then I went on the Royal Prince Alfred Allergy Unit Elimination Diet which also  moderate in natural food chemicals such as amines, salicylates, and glutamates and no preservatives or additives. I also went as dairy/soy/gluten/egg free, and still mucus poos but ALOT less in frequency and all his symptoms are minor  but we are still getting them....  so basically now its down to the fact that I am on the "moderate" diet and not the "low" diet, he can't even tolerate low amounts of these food chemicals it seems.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 13:22:50 pm »
MIL is giving him something he isn't allowed

If it isn't the soy too, do you think this is possible?  My IL's are well meaning, but next time they babysit I think I am going to have to either send food for Spencer or send a list of what is okay and what isn't...last time she fed my "no dairy" kid a soup with cream in it, and goldfish crackers with cheese.  Add to that the shock on father's day from my BIL when he said "she can't have cheese either?" and I realized that they all assumed no dairy just meant no milk!
Heidi

Offline pinkism

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • who needs milk anyway?!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 17:16:10 pm »
Thanks I will avoid soya for a while and see if it makes a difference. Mil has him twice a week when I'm at work and its all 3 meals so lots of room for mistakes! I make sure there is plenty of food for him but she often brings stuff or buys stuff. She has his best interests at heart but we have had quite a few problems to iron out already, including giving him a lovely stroke to sleep which is now a prop after 2 naps and a bedtime grr!