Author Topic: HELP with 2 month old  (Read 770 times)

Offline murbinsky

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 23, 2010, 16:39:45 pm »
I'm going to apologise in advance as this may be a long post but I don't know what to do and I'm ready to go back to my DS paci. I am using the pat/shhh method as my DS is only 9 weeks old and it's not going that great. I don't even know where to start. He is on a 3 hour EASY. I can usually get him to sleep in about 10 min with the pat/shhh but it's keeping him to sleep is the problem. I make sure I wait till he goes through all stages before I leave the room but he wakes up sometime 3 or 4 times during a nap and sometimes it's impossible to get him back to sleep. I make sure that when he has his A time that he isn't overstimulated and I watch for the signs and make sure he has wind down in his room before putting him to bed. I'm really ready to just stop and give him his paci back (AND I DON'T WANT TO). His naps are short and then he usually can only stay awake about 1/2 hour after he wakes up before he's ready to go back to bed. Should I move him to a 2 1/2 hour schedule?

Thanks!!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: HELP with 2 month old
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 18:48:02 pm »
How long is he awake between naps?

Offline murbinsky

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 19:50:02 pm »
He can usually stay awake long enough to eat and get a diaper change...so about 1/2 hour then he's ready to go back to sleep.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: HELP with 2 month old
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 20:17:27 pm »
It's possible that he's ready for just a little bit more A time, you could try gradually pushing towards 1hr-1hr15mins awake and see if that helps?