Author Topic: Baby is impossible to entertain  (Read 3626 times)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:44 pm »
Thanks Lizzie.  I do think you are right to a certain degree.  We had one week where F was more independent and happy to sit by himself.  It was the second week after starting prevacid.  So I know the meds made a big difference.  But it only lasted one week.   :-\  Then he was back to needing to be entertained.  I have a hard time wrapping my head around why he was fine for only ONE week.  Sure he couldn't be outgrowing his dosage that fast.

Anyways, I've suspected for a bit now that he could use a higher dose but as you remember from the BCs I am having a hard time getting any doctors to agree with me.  We have a paed appointment in 3wks.  Until then there's no point even thinking about it.  TBH, I have a feeling she won't even be willing to up the dose.  :(

That said, I do think he's doing well on the meds he is on at the moment.  He is crabby but not necessarily unhappy, if that makes sense?  Just this morning I had him in his chair and he was fussing up a storm.  I walk over to him and start talking, right in his face, and he is thrilled.  All smiles and talking back.  I think he just enjoys human interaction over anything else in the world.  It's tiring for me though, can only do paddy cake so many times!  :P

Clare, when did E grow out of her reflux?
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline LizzieN

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 12:43:36 pm »
Could be that your F is having a bit of a flare this week sweetie that the meds are controlling but not completely...reflux is aweful like that!!  Hugs lovely.
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us