Author Topic: Soft play?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Soft play?
« on: August 25, 2010, 15:38:41 pm »
How often do you folks take your LO to soft play? Getting fatter and unable to do much activity with B and could actually take him every day!

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
Re: Soft play?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 15:56:59 pm »
we go once or a week sometimes more if the weather is bad.it gets rid of some energy and D loves it.i dont go to the same place tho.One time we will go to a huge soft play activity centre and another time we go to the leisure centre that has a huge bouncy castle and crash mats,slides and ride ons xx

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 16:35:10 pm »
lived there in the winter when Ozzie wa 2.5-3, when Emma was a newborn ;-)

seriously, we used to go at least twice a week and mostly 3 times. I had a 50% discount and then once I only used the place on weekdays even a 60-70% discount!

Haven't really been there that often apart from birthday parties since those newborn days....

Mine has a drop-off facility for over 3s so I used to use it the odd time when shopping and Emma was still little and willing to sit in the buggy - would drop Ozzie off for an hour and do shopping in relative "peace" (its in the shopping centre). Nowadays Emma screams when Ozzie is dropped off there. I tried once this summer just before her nap to escape there to the lovely cool of the air con in the centre but it took her SOOOO long to drop off she was so jealous!

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 20:41:26 pm »
we usually go once a week but this winter probably more as no idea how he will burn off energy otherwise. I tend to go early before it gets too hectic. x

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 21:23:10 pm »
We don't go that often because it is really expensive and I hate the one near us (they charged me full price for E when she was 3 months old because she was going to sit on the mat and was therefore "using the facilities"!), but I don't see anything wrong with going as often as B (or you!) need to.

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 22:14:08 pm »
We used to go in at 10am when they opened, I'd feed Emma in the dark in their party room, bring packed snack and lunch and get her to sleep in the dark party room in her pram and then for her second nap and his only one, bundle them up in snowsuits and sleeping bags and cart them off home in the -10 or -12 conditions LOL!

Very lucky with the prices here, one of the many reasons I stayed in PL - lots of things child related are dirt cheap - soft play, the zoo, kiddy museums etc. Full price for stay as long as you like weekdays is 5 euro. I was getting in for 2 euro! At home a single fare on a bus or tram costs me that and the soft play per child is around 8-10 euro and its limited to 90-120 minutes!

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!