Author Topic: A “Blanket” Question  (Read 886 times)

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
A “Blanket” Question
« on: August 27, 2010, 23:21:22 pm »
So this fall/winter I am going to introduce a blanket to DS’s crib.  I wanted to wait until after next summer to do this and use sleep sacs this year, but DS really does not like them.  Any tips on how to start this??  He normal has absolutely nothing in his crib, so the last couple of days I have been “tucking him in” with a folded up receiving blanket just to get him used to having something in there (which he takes off his chest and tosses to the corner).

Also, anyone have any tricks on how to keep them warm (but not too warm) because I am certain he won’t be actually sleeping under the blanket for a while.  His room gets really cool compared to the rest of the house.
-Nadia

Offline gpmom

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 23:44:26 pm »
One day my dd said no momma I dont need the bag anymore.  So I put a blanket in her crib.  I tucked it in at the bottom and it worked.  I thought the same thing as you, but it was not too hard.  Good luck.
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: A “Blanket” Question
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 00:18:47 am »
Footed sleepers?  Masyn still sleeps in a fleece one in the winter, but Spencer gets too hot for fleece, so we layer a cotton undershirt with a cotton sleeper.  Spencer has a comforter in her crib(since she was around 12 months) and is pretty good at staying under it.

Or something like this, which I had thought of ordering if Spencer had trouble with her comforter:
http://www.gro.co.uk/Grobag-Stay-on-Duvet-Bedding.html
Heidi

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 20:11:50 pm »
Footed sleepers?  Masyn still sleeps in a fleece one in the winter,
This what we do as DS doesn't like blankets either.
LAURA xx

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 23:05:57 pm »
Thanks for all the suggestions!!  I think I will try putting a comforter in his crib once the temperature dips a little bit lower, and if not the fleece sleepers will be his "go to" sleepwear!!  He still tosses the lighter blanket to the side, but might not do so with the heavier comforter.  We will see  :)
-Nadia

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 14:01:43 pm »
Finn won't use a blanket either.  Luckily he never gets cold.  We just put him in footed sleepers, fleece in the winter, and he sleeps fine.  When we move to BBB I will try the blanket.  But really if they don't need it it's one less thing to get tangled in and one less thing to wash :-)
The tweaking never stops!