Author Topic: 22mo starting to wake early  (Read 757 times)

Offline bessie26

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
22mo starting to wake early
« on: August 29, 2010, 19:19:12 pm »
DD's day has looked like this since she was 13months old

7:00 wake up
13:30 nap
15:30 wake up
19:00 bed

She doesn't always goto sleep straight away - we often hear her talking to herself for 30mins or so, and she sometimes wakes 6:30ish, but again just starts chattering away to herself (such a nice noise to be woken with in the morning!)

Over the last few weeks (months?) her nap has been getting longer (often 2.5hrs, I always wake her if it gets to 3hrs!) which I put down to either being knackered from being so active, or perhaps a growth spurt? 

But this last week she's woken early every morning... it was 6am today, so I'm thinking I need to start waking her from her nap after 2 hours??   I hate waking her, she is *so* sound asleep I feel mean, but we're planning to move her out of her cot into a toddler bed in the next few weeks, so I want to try to get her times sorted before we do that...

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 22mo starting to wake early
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:03:02 am »
Yes if it was me I would cap the nap to 2 hours at this age and see how she gets on with that.
She seems to have a long A time in the morning - could you try putting her down at 1pm?
Becky x

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 18:13:49 pm »
If you don't want to wake her from the nap, could you put her to bed later, maybe 7:30 or 8pm?  As long as I'm reading your routine right, it does seem like a lot to expect a 12 hr night with a 2+ hr nap at that age. 

Also agree with Becky, that morning A is pretty long, esp if she's waking earlier now.  It might be worth a try to do nap at 1 pm.

Offline bessie26

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 19:19:37 pm »
Thanks for your replies!

If we have a particularly active morning or she wakes very early then I do move lunch & nap half an hour earlier... perhaps I'll do it more often...  We successfully capped the nap at 2hrs today so we'll have to wait & see what happens tonight!