Author Topic: Almost 1 year old and still not into solids....  (Read 7858 times)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Almost 1 year old and still not into solids....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 20:36:53 pm »
PUPD? (although without the PU at this age). WIWO?

Offline Chicane

• Showing Appreciation 103
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:27 am »
argh!   i find it so hard at night...im exhausted...i guess its the only way...

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 07:37:15 am »
(((hugs))) I know. But think how much better you'll feel when you're getting full nights sleep and not having to do night feeds any more!

Offline malenka

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 17:06:22 pm »
My LO is 11.5 months. We finally dropped the night feeds about a month ago.

I started with the 4 or 5 am feeding (for selfish reasons really, I was dying to get 6 hours uninterrupted sleep). When he woke for the feed, I just didn't feed him. I tied PU/PD (without the PU), but it didn't work for us. The first night was horrible. He decided that it was morning and time to get up. I got him out of bed, brought him to my bed and read a book with him until he was drowsy and then I was able to settle him in his crib. The second night was a bit better, the third night even better, and then he just stopped waking. I let him adjust to that for about a week and then I tackled the 11 or 12 am feeding (in the same way). Each time it took us 3 days.

It's tough, and I was dreading it, but it's so worth it in the end. Not that we got rid of the NWs though... the teething monster is paying us a visit at the moment :(

Good luck. We're here if you need us
Meredith - Mommy to

Offline Chicane

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 19:38:46 pm »
Oh Malenka thanks so much for that, that does make me feel better. I was just about to post somewhere asking others how they did it. I dont know when to tackle this problem, we have back to back visitors for the next 3 weeks then I fly out to Australia with DS for 3 weeks...when do I fit this in? as I will need to have my days free so i can try to catch up on the sleep I will lose, I am hopeless on no sleep!

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 21:11:21 pm »
Stan was a bit younger, but we did PUPD to drop night feeds (he was waking every two hours all night). Went cold turkey and it took 3 nights.

Give your guests some earplugs? I bet it won't be as bad as you're expecting.

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 21:35:20 pm »
hugs chicane...it'll be okay. We're here to hold your hand :) When I did PUPD ..I thought it would be worse than it was ..

:-*
*Sarah*

Offline Chicane

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 05:30:22 am »
thanks guys...I know, these things always seem worse from this side then once its done you wonder what all the stress was about. i am feeling much better today. We are conquering our bad travel habits, he had a great night last night, he ate some banana and a bit of bulghur wheat and avocado yesterday - cant say it was a full meal but it was an improvement as he fed himself and seemed ok with it...thanks again...this place (BW) is so special to me i wish i could hug you all in the flesh! xxx

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 16:59:45 pm »
I'm so pleased for the improvement. He'll get there, Chicane.

Sending you some hugs too :-*
*Sarah*

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 17:09:59 pm »
(((hugs)))

Offline bumblemum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 20:34:28 pm »
Hey Chicane,

How are you doing? I will be interested in hearing how your get on with reducing the night feeds. My lo is 6 1/2months old and I feel she is hungry so am just just going with the flow for now. She scoffs loads of food...and then wakes for milk in the night still. Think we're currently experiencing a GS because I have the joy of 3 hrly feeds through the night again!! Joy!!
Good luck with PU/PD.

C x

Offline Chicane

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 07:28:36 am »
hey bumblemum well we have not started the night weaning yet. I've got guests here at the moment so am waiting for them to leave so that i am able to sleep during the day to catch up on the sleep I will miss in the night. The last two nights have been much better he's slept for longer and only woken once to feed. I am still not sure of this method as the feed he has is huge! Perhaps he really is hungry? but then some would say thats cause he's not eating much in the day, but actually thats been a little better last 2 days too...so who knows! Am going to wait till my friends leave then reassess...I think you defo have a GS on your hands, theoretically it should only last a few days but with my DS they would last up to a week! (he a big boy)

xxx

Offline bumblemum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 08:21:28 am »
It's difficult to get them to have more calories in the day to counter the night hunger isnt it. I keep putting her back on the boob and she's not having any of it! I don't suppose the solids she's eating have enough calories yet.

Last night was a bit better - fed at 1am and 5am. However she didn't go back to sleep after 5am feed so lovely hubby got up at 6am and sat with her until she dropped back off. He fell asleep with her and we all slept till 8.20!! Bliss. Routine all wonky now but hey ho.

I also love sleep.

C

Offline Chicane

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:22 am »
How old is yours no bumblemum?

The other thing that I am finding difficult is that when i sit down with him to eat he only starts to get into eating his when I am almost done with mine...he seems to need a long time before he will actually start to put the food to his mouth (or accept it from me) I'm starting to feel like our days will just be filled with eating and sleeping! But I am trying to keep in mind that these phases usually pass quickly, the biggest lesson my son is teaching me is one of patience...not always my strong point! x

Offline anna*

• My two
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 10:00:27 am »
That's the point though isn't it Chicane? We WANT him to be hungry so he will eat those calories as solids in the daytime. Don't worry, he will only feel hungry atnight the first one or two times - it's like if you get in the habit of skipping a snack you quickly stop feeling hungry for it.