Author Topic: Playtime...how much is enough??  (Read 1256 times)

Offline babyaaron

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Me & my baby:)
Playtime...how much is enough??
« on: September 04, 2010, 00:29:36 am »
These are all great ideas(from above link for activities for 3-6 months)...thank you so much for sharing everyone!  My LO enjoys many of the things listed above...to add to these ideas, we put the nursing pillow in front of the mirrored closet that way he looks at himself (which he loves) and gets some tummy time in!  We also have discovered that bubbles are fun...we lay on a blanket outside under a tree and blow bubbles...he thinks its very funny:)

I often feel at a loss when playing with my LO, like maybe I should be doing more...but I think its just the stage he is at (just 4 months), we sing, look at books, "play" with toys, use the play mat, exersaucer, go in the swing, bouncy chair...I don't know, how much time does everyone else spend "entertaining" their LO's?  I want to make sure he is being stimulated, but need to get other things done, and also don't want him to not be able to entertain himself as he gets bigger...thoughts?

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: Playtime...how much is enough??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 15:48:15 pm »
It is a hard one isn't it? I tend to try and play with DD when she wants it - but often have to get stuff done as well - and if she is cooing happily in her bouncy chair then I assume she is happy alone for now  :).

Like you say - you want to encourage independence as well.

Also remember that babies learn so much by watching you do things so I would feel no guilt about doing stuff, talking and explaining etc at the same time. That is quality stimulation for them as well  :) :-*.