Author Topic: formula recommendation for 13 month old, MPI, in Canada?  (Read 1042 times)

LucysMommy

formula recommendation for 13 month old, MPI, in Canada?
« on: September 28, 2010, 21:23:56 pm »
Hi, we just found out DD has a MPI.  I still bf, am now eliminating dairy from my diet.  I am looking for a formula I can give DD when I am not able to bf, for example when at work or out for the evening.  As far as we know she does not have a SPI.  The dr. recommended regular soy milk, but I think she should still be having something more nutritious like a baby formula.  I bought Isomil (?) step 2 today... does anyone else have something they have found success with?

Thanks!

Jolene

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: formula recommendation for 13 month old, MPI, in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 21:29:09 pm »
How is her diet generally? If she is eating well and a variety of foods I would go with your Drs recs to be honest. Formula is very filling (not to mention expensive!) and can interfer with food intake. Now she is over 1 her milk is a drink rather than the meal it used to be!

Laura

LucysMommy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:08:34 am »
Hi, after talking to another nurse I will stick with the soy milk.  I never did formula so I didn't realize how expensive it was until I looked today!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:34:09 am »
We did isomil until 18 months and then went to soy milk, it doesn't have the fat content that whole milk does, but I made sure to make up for it in other ways in her diet.  Health nurse was a quite miffed as she says that all kids who can't have milk must be on formula until 2 years old...but she had no answer when I asked why it was necessary if her diet provided sufficient fats  ::)  Spencer likes the Silk and So Good soy milks the best, but they all taste yucky to me!
Heidi