Author Topic: Store-bought bread and baked goods?  (Read 921 times)

Offline ericapt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Spiderman and his sidekick, Little Bee!!
Store-bought bread and baked goods?
« on: September 12, 2010, 16:32:01 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this section and trying to learn the ropes of a diet without milk, soy and nuts.  I don't really enjoy cooking, so this is going to be a challenge.  Plus I have a 7 week old (she's the reason I'm doing this diet) and an almost-3-year old, so I don't really have a lot of spare time to do a lot of cooking.  Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for some already-prepared store bought bread, baked goods and other snacks.  I love fruits, vegetables, eggs, hummus, but I need a little more variety and just some other quick snacks and treats when I need some carbs.  I've looked in the recipe section, but would just like some additional convenience foods for some times.  Any suggestions welcome.  Thank you all in advance!

Erica~~
Erica

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 17:17:33 pm »
Rye bread usually does not contain milk or soy - obviously double check your labels but it might be a lot easier than baking your own!

scarlettsmom

Re: Store-bought bread and baked goods?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 15:04:58 pm »
Hi,
I never found any store brands that were safe for us, however the Whole Foods store we went to did make several kinds w/out dairy or soy. The only reason we didn't buy them was because they shared equipment with other unsafe foods, and DD2 was so incredibly sensitive we didn't risk.