Author Topic: Activity time with 10mo - what do you do?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Activity time with 10mo - what do you do?
« on: September 13, 2010, 13:57:37 pm »
Hi
My LO is 10.5 months and just learned to proper crawl in the last 3 weeks and is now pulling himself to a standing position pretty well and just started to cruise (a little).

My q is, he gets very tired very quickly despite having reasonably decent naps and I 'm wondering if all this new found physical activity is simply tiring him out.  So what do you all do with your LOs for their Awake time despite the usual feeding and nappy changing.  What quiet activities do you do, or does you LO play a lot in their playpen, crawl around a lot etc etc.  I need to find a quiet activity other than reading and pram walking (esp now the wet days are making a return, makes pram outings a bit soggy!).

Would love to hear what you do or did with LOs in this age bracket.

Thanks
Lisa
My boy is 4!

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Activity time with 10mo - what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:56:40 am »

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:58:01 am »
yes did see that thanks but a lot of it is 'active' entertainment and I'm looking for quiet activities IYSWIM.
My boy is 4!

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 18:35:57 pm »
At that age (and still now) DS just explores around the house.  I do very little in terms of structured activities.  I just make sure that there are different areas around the house with things that he can play with (e.g. boxes or drawers with child-safe items), and every once in a while change the toys up.  If he get frustrated with a toy I step in, but he is very happy with just off exploring on his own.  He knows where I am if he needs me ;)
-Nadia