Author Topic: Solids and poop :)  (Read 1251 times)

Offline mamatolevi

• Naps
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Solids and poop :)
« on: September 14, 2010, 14:12:54 pm »
Hi all! I have no idea where else to ask this question, so feel free to move to the appropriate spot! Just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
I started giving DS a little bit of rice cereal once every other day, just to see how he would react and see how his body would handle it. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence, but since I started (it's only been 3 times now) he has been VERY 'regular'. He poops at the same time every day, which is awesome....except that it happens at 4:30 am. It wouldn't be a big deal, but after his diaper change he doesn't go back into a deep sleep and is very restless. If he does fall back asleep, he stirs every half hour or so. We're both exhausted. Do you think it's related to the introduction of solids? Is there anything I can do throughout the day to encourage a poop during waking hours?
TIA!!!!
Nikki

Offline lulunut

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Solids and poop :)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 15:29:49 pm »
What time do you feed him the rice cereal?

Offline mamatolevi

• Naps
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Re: Solids and poop :)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 18:18:19 pm »
The first time it was in the late afternoon, but since then its' been in the morning.
Nikki

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 00:46:46 am »
It's hard to say after only a few times, but usually the introduction of solids does affect their bowel movements in some way.  For some babies it's constipation, for others it's more frequent poops.  The 4am poops could have something to do with the time of day you're giving it to him.  Maybe try changing it up and seeing what happens.  But seeing as how you are just starting out with solids, the 4am poops will probably just be a phase.  As you introduce more foods and gradually add meals, it could change again so I don't think there's much you can do about it at the moment.  I do remember going through little spurts like that with DS where he'd poop at night or early in the morning for a few days, and then stop.  It's annoying, but doesn't last forever.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012