Author Topic: 7 mo- Not interested in solids at all! Help  (Read 1370 times)

Offline NewMom1981

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
7 mo- Not interested in solids at all! Help
« on: September 17, 2010, 23:38:15 pm »
Hi my 7 mo daughter is simply not intersted in solids at all. I have tried everything! I started feeding her at 6 months. She would close her mouth and turn her head. Left it for a week. Tried again. Breast then solids. Solids then breast. Nothing! Now I offer solids first (baby rice cereal, oatmeal cereal. Tried peas, carrots, pears, bananas, apples & bananas, mixed veg, etc....doesn't like anything.)

I have managed to get her to open her mouth and swallow some foods (through toy trickery), but she is not willingly interested.

What to do! I have read other posts and other 7 mo's are eating some many foods, both jarred and "real people food", and my poor LO wants nothing of it.

Please help or lend advice!

Thank you kindly,

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: 7 mo- Not interested in solids at all! Help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 16:55:51 pm »
Hi there.  :)  Try not to worry about it if she's still not interested.  And don't worry about what other 7 month olds are doing!  All babies are different, and not all of them take to solids with such gusto.  Is she still BFding well?  Milk is more important than solids and will be until she is a year old, so you both have lots of time to work up to it.  In the meantime all you can really do is offer a good variety of foods.  She will be the one to decide what goes in her mouth.  ;)  Maybe leave it for a week and try again.  Or try in a different environment, say in a different chair.  What I wouldn't do is try to force or trick her into eating because you wouldn't want to create any feeding aversions.  I know it's hard not to worry, but as long as she's getting enough milk then she will be doing just fine.  Remember solids before 1 are for fun!  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 23:04:11 pm »
Have you considered baby lead leaning? She may be more interested if you give her big chunks of foods that she can suck or gum on just to get used to new tastes/textures etc. What would she do if you gave her a banana or some avocado?
Maybe join the BLW thread.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline abaker89

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 17:19:09 pm »
How many times is she nursing?  If its a lot, then she may not be hungry.  I wouldn't consider this a problem at all.  DD1 was nursing 5-6 times a day and didn't each much solids till almost a year.  And she loves food now and eats almost everything so don't worry.  Solids are a lot more work anyway, just enjoy nursing for now!