Author Topic: Self settling and practicing milestones  (Read 7227 times)

Offline deckchariot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 361
Re: Self settling and practicing milestones
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:24 pm »
You can absolutely skip the pm nap and do an early bedtime.  Just watch that OT doesn't begin to creep in.  You can also squeeze in a little catnap before bedtime as well - sometimes even just 30 min will help.

So glad things are going better :) :)
Michelle

Offline sim75

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 23:34:03 pm »
Well... it's been an interesting few days.   The first day of only 1 nap, he went down after the long 5hr A time as I said, and then he slept through solid for 12 3/4 hrs!!!  ;D  (He usually only sleeps 10-11hrs at night). So that was a great result though I knew not to count on it being a sign of every night to come!

The next day his day  (morning nap) only lasted 1 hr, despite putting him down after 4hrs A time when he was ready. Again, no issue putting him down, but after 1 hr there was no way he would go down for more.  He woke at 1pm, meaning he wouldnt be tired again until 5pm which wasn't an ideal time.  He seemed tired earlier and I did try to put him down but no such luck, he refused it. So we pushed through and had an early bed time - 7pm.

He woke through the night twice but I think his teeth are hurting again now. Yesterday he had another long nap - 2 3/4hrs but because he'd gone swimming in the morning he couldnt last the full 4hr A time so went down at 940am, waking at 1220pm. Again a long stretch to bedtime if he didnt have another nap - which I tried but he refused point blank! So I stayed in his darkened room with him for some down time until 5pm.  In bed at 7pm, and from midnight he woke every hour or 2. Again I think it was teething (horrified to find DH didnt give any pain relief so Im not surprised he kept waking!!) He was awake from 5am and wouldnt re-settle so was up for the day and back down at 9am.  So I expect another wonky day...  ::)

But it's quite clear now that the settling issue is ok (THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!) and now it would seem Im into that transition phase.  So here we go. I'll do some more reading up on this now I know we are in it and will post separately if I need more help on that!  Thanks again for helping me find my way when I kept losing it!

Offline deckchariot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 361
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 18:46:29 pm »
so glad the self settling issue is sorted!!!!  Well done to you!!!!  The nap transition is challenging  - check out naps and toddler sleep for support threads on that, and feel free to start another post if you need to.  You're doing great!
Michelle