Author Topic: DS has taken a liking to dolls....  (Read 2014 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
DS has taken a liking to dolls....
« on: October 09, 2010, 20:22:41 pm »
and DH isn't very happy about  :-X !!

So my mum has a box of toys and one of the toys in that box is a doll, DS has been looking after it (even had to bandage it's leg so it looked like him ::) )  I think it's kinda cute cos it shows he's caring and compassionate but DH is less impressed and worried whether it'll have a lasting impression on him!

So any of your boys play with dolls?
LAURA xx

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: DS has taken a liking to dolls....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 20:25:57 pm »
Stan's got a few dolls. He loves changing their clothes, changing their nappies, making them pee on the potty, giving them a bottle, putting them to bed. What sort of impression does DH think it's going to leave??? it's really not a bad thing to be caring... even for a boy ;)

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 20:34:58 pm »
What sort of impression does DH think it's going to leave???
The feminine kind  :-X

it's really not a bad thing to be caring... even for a boy ;)

*I* agree and DS really is such a sweet kind boy - I'll start to worry when he's fifteen ;)
LAURA xx

MummyToBen

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 20:39:43 pm »
Well Ben has got a glow worm that he LOVES  :D!  He calls it his baby and pushes it around in his toy buggy, "taking baby to the park now, Mummy", and gives it food etc!  So beautiful  :).  Kids are starting to learn about caring for themselves and for others at this age, and it's great for boys to be able to learn this with dolls too.  Ben has been asking for baby wipes today to "wipe cars bottoms"....so I suppose they *can* learn these skills without a doll but it's a little bit weirder  ;D!!

I think that blokes can often wonder if this is all 'ok' without really thinking it through.  My Dh does loads of cooking/cleaning/washing at home and yet wondered it if was 'ok' if Ben had a toy kitchen, primarily because he'd only ever seen girls playing with them!!  It took a two minute conversation where we chatted through the pros and cons (and quickly came to the conclusion there were no cons!) and then he realised of *course* it was ok for Ben to have a kitchen!  I think he just needed to process it through, because, unlike me, he's just not thinking about this sort of thing all day every day!!  

xx

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 20:48:29 pm »
MEN!  My DH made a similar comment about his nephew who loves dolls and takes one to bed with him!  Something along the lines that his sister shouldn't encourage it! 

TBH I just old him to get a grip!  Men can have such weird ideas eh?   Yet mine thought nothing of me getting Maeve a train set or blocks or other 'boy' toys!!! 

Offline momtonb&ab

• Showing Appreciation 234
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 21:00:09 pm »
DS often plays dolls with DD - we have a boy doll for him that is just his own.  but just as DD plays cars and trains with him, i think it is fine for DS to play dolls.  :)