Author Topic: 2-3 times a NW 7 mnth old - I feel we are at a new "low"point  (Read 6872 times)

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 100
Re: 2-3 times a NW 7 mnth old - I feel we are at a new "low"point
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 09:53:19 am »
I am hoping the 3am feed naturally gets later and later over the coming weeks.  Do you think that is feasible?
def think that is feasible hun, sounds like you are doing great. if after a few weeks/month/whatever you're comfortable with ;) it still isnt getting later and later then you can resettle for the first waking and push out your 'not before' feed time gradually.

yeah the EW is mostly sorted now, still getting it occasionally but only once or twice a week at most now. his night sleep from DF til 7/7.30am is awesome and i rarely hear him now, i even see him wake completely on the video monitor and look around for a bit then go back to sleep. NW issues when he doesnt STTN are usually before DF (so i'm guessing some OT from napping dramas).

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 17:51:14 pm »
YEY!!!! Eloys. We are down to one feed as well. Still have to resettle at least once though, usually. Although, as you know we had one night where we had a STTN. No repeats yet  :P
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 19:37:23 pm »
resettled for 30 mins at 12:00am, then woke again at 12:45pm.. I fed him.  He slept till 7am!

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 19:52:52 pm »
This baby boy is doing so well!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 20:01:36 pm »
Brilliant Eloise!

Offline Gypsymom

• aka Shannon
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • DS1 - born May 1/08 DS2 - born May 14/10
    • Rainstorm Whitenoise
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 21:20:29 pm »
Woo-hoo!

Offline spammerb

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2010, 22:06:37 pm »
Hello all... sorry to jump in here. I have a post going on the BF Board and some of you have kindly advised me on other questions.

I have some questions if I may... we are in the next couple of weeks going to stop nursing to sleep, and we are thinking that dropping night feeds one by one as Eloise and others have done, is better for us as I have been paying attention to her feeds through the night and she seems sometimes to feed more through the night than she does in the day and I am too worried at the thought of her being hungry and having to put her back to sleep the whole night straight away.

DD is 11 months, so a bit older than Eloise's DS, so which feed would it be best to try and drop first? There are not really any 'regular' times, sometimes she can wake 2 times and sometimes 5! I am knackered!! We haven't ever had a dream feed. I am guessing that due to her 'spiritedness' when we tried the dream feeds on a few occasions, she would wake fully and then not be able to get her back to sleep for ages! And I think by now we shouldn't be doing a dream feed anyway (if we'd ever done one!)..!!
We will be tackling naps at the same time as at the moment she nurses to sleep for ALL sleep - I am very bad I know.
If we drop one feed at a time, how do the other feeds gradually get later? Is there something I need to do or will it happen automatically? Once the first feed is dropped, how long is it best to wait until the next one is dropped? How long does it take for them to readjust from losing each feed?

Eloise - just wanted to say that my DD went through a 'phase' from about 7 months to 10 months where she would be awake for up to 2 hours in the middle of the night, not crying, just wanting to play!.. it was a nightmare! But she seems to have outgrown it, so hopefully your DS will too?!
So glad to hear that things are improving for you!

Thanks

Sam

Offline huntersmummyinoz

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 03:57:34 am »
nice work elo and kai :-*

Offline EloysH

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 09:08:54 am »
Hi Sam, 

There is no right or wrong answers.  From what you have said, I think you are right not to intriduce a dream feed at this late stage ans especially  as she is spirited.

I have found it easy to drop the feed that is easiest first to get some runs on the board and get the confidence up.  I think getting her down for a few sleeps in the day with the breast feed shortly before sleep but not fed to sleep will get your confidence up too.

From memory with dropping feeds for Ds1,   once you drop one, it gets easier and easier, I think if you can get past the first few nights and stick to your guns it will be down hill from there.

If she is feeding randomly 2-5 feeds I would use  a cut off time.  No feeds before midnight, or no feeds after 3am etc.  Pick a cut off time you can stick to and resettle  within those times and feed the rest.  That way she will be forced to go back to sleep without the boob within a window of time, but the rest she gets fed, so its not a huge deal.    YOu may find that once she fuinally falls alseep after being resettled ( mind you it mioght be 1.5 hours of crweaming until she sleeps) shje might sleep a very good block of hours after that. 

HTH

BTW wish us luck for tonight, no regressions please Kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 17:30:49 pm »
Good luck Hun x

Offline EloysH

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 20:34:23 pm »
Not a very good night last night ... he woke crying hard  at 12:00pm and did a poo, I think he has fissures from his first hard poo.  He screamed the house down as we changed his nappy. I had no choce but to feed. He took ages to resettle after the feed too probaly asleep by 1am.  We thought that we'd be resettling in the early hours but no,  he didn't wake till 6am!

Offline spammerb

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 00:20:10 am »

Thanks Eloise... all makes sense.
Sorry to hear your night wasn't so good, but not so bad in the end.
Poor boy if he is in discomfort, but at least you know why he has woken.
Hope you have a better night.

Offline EloysH

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2010, 02:41:38 am »
really bad last night... is this the regression.  Had great naps of 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours was worried about too much day sleep.

He went down at 7pm, woke at 7:45pm, resettled, 10:30pm resettled in 30 mins, then woke every 10 mins after that till 11:45pm after eing resettled.  Finally fed him at 11:45am. He woke again at 5am, didn't have the heart not to feed. Ugh.

So back to the two feeds and loads of NW's!!  He's fine today.  A bit tired though.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:58:25 am by EloysH »

Offline huntersmummyinoz

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2010, 03:43:49 am »
hugs hun, hard to say, could be regression, could have been harder to resettle from the longer daysleep. i remembered last night that i increased k's breaky from 1tbs to 2tbs dry cereal and also went from 1/2tbs to 1tbs protein/meat when i dropped the early morning bf. wasnt confident that he'd make it up with more milk during the day, and he didnt. hang in there :-*

Offline EloysH

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:30 am »
well he didn't eat much solids yesterday either and also had a chiro treatment in which he screamed the whole time.

We actually think now its the start of teething. He's been sleeping like a demon in the day, tired before usual A times, and this arvo he had red cheeks.  All tell tale signs!  There were just too many wakings last night too.  Waiting and watching.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:29:10 am by EloysH »