Author Topic: if he would only eat sandwhiches my life would be easier..  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: if he would only eat sandwhiches my life would be easier..
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:19:26 am »
Just lurking for ideas. In same boat...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:23:24 am »
I do wonder what if you don't keep offering things that he would eat.  I mean you have sandwiches, he pushes them away, and then you say.  It's fine. You don't have to eat them.  Then nothing else until snack time.  I wonder how that might go.  I think for kids who are happy to go hungry, this strategy won't work.  But I imagine if he knows he can choose, then he would continue to be picky.  Just a thought.

Dutch pancakes, you can use the same batter that is in your recipe.  Pour the batter in the pan, when it's half cooked, you can place ham/bacon/cheese onto the top.  Flip it over and continue to cook.  When the cheese and/or bacon are really crispy, it's super nice!  :P 

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 07:58:12 am »
I thought of that, but hes happy to go hungry till the next offer of whatever he wants, however he will stand at the pantry door and whine and moan. I dont give in to that but he still does it anyway. I might try the dutch pancakes in a few days, i tried the pancakes with apple, pear and cinnamon mixed in and he loved them today!

Hes definately teething those back molars though adn I understand his pain as my wisdom tooth is giving me horrid pain at the moment that not even Nurofen plus is getting rid of :(

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 10:04:49 am »
have you tried cutting the sandwiches into quarters so that one bit is done in about 2 bites, cut off the crusts etc?
toasted sandwiches? DS likes them because they're more squashed so easier to bite etc, plus the cheese in it is melted, again less effort while chewing.

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:00 am »
I tried making sandwhiches today in the shape of a goat (cookie cutter) and he just played with it! lol then squashed it and left the table.....

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:41 am »
what's his utmost favourite?? For DS, it's tractors, excavators and fire engines type things.  I mean if sandwiches are that shape, would he try to eat it?  i'm thinking what might be quick lunches.  What about soup dipping with bread?  Spag from a tin??  We just had tomato soup which had a lot of penne in it and DS ate a lot and he also ate bread dipped in the soup.  (it's tinned soup, so it's fast)

Offline MLK

• Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 13:08:54 pm »
If it's a texture thing no amount of fun shapes will entice him to eat sandwiches, in my experience.

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 17:30:18 pm »
That's true, Lan.  Would Caleb eat bread in general?