Author Topic: spitting up a lot, gurgally tummy, lots of gas...MPI?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline meltown

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
spitting up a lot, gurgally tummy, lots of gas...MPI?
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:07:00 am »
even with all these symptoms,  she only has occasional times ( like tonight) when she seems bothered by it.  she spits up all through her naps and all night long and even right before feeding.  But she doesn't cry when she spits up.  only when she is spitting up right before she eats does she make any faces.  I have really bad oversupply and  thought it was that at first.  now she is getting really bad baby acne on top of the other things and I am beginning to wonder if it may be something else.  DD1 had reflux super bad and DS had MPI.  He had similar symptoms as DD2, but he would projectile throw up feeds at times.  So could it be MPI? 
Melissa
http://www.livingafrugallife.com - Frugal Living

mom to:
Braxton 09/06/2006
Reagan 03/27/2008
Kiley 09/27/2010
Quinn 02/10/2013
Madison 08/07/2021

scarlettsmom

Re: spitting up a lot, gurgally tummy, lots of gas...MPI?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 19:58:45 pm »
Hi, congrats on your new little bub!

This IS the time that many folks start to see symptoms in MPI babes.  I will say that at 3 weeks old my daughter was a mess, with the symptoms you described, plus horrible muscousy loose stools with blood in them.  Also screaming when laying down (we also had reflux and over supply,,,.yeah, good times).

However, lots of babies simply are a little spitty, and their digestive system is maturing and all that you described is normal.  Can be difficult at this stage to determine without eliminating milk and/or soy.  Are you seeing any strange stools?  Loose, mucousy, any dark specks?  Is it interfering with sleep?  Fussiness while awake or laying down?  If no, I would probably say proceed with caution, keep an eye out if the other symptoms pop up and go with the flow for now.  Ph, my DD1 had AWFUL baby acne, started at around 4 weeks, but she had no intolerances.

(((hugs))))

scarlettsmom

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 20:00:11 pm »
*oh*, not Ph.....my iPad loooves to autocorrect.....

Offline meltown

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:02:32 am »
I will have to pay attention more to the poop, but she is having some muscousy spit up, which is really strange to me.  It almost looks like snot sometimes.   

as for sleep, she is sleeping ok, but starting to have these crying fits early in the night.  she has a feed right before she goes to bed at 8:30 and will fuss and cry off and on until around 11:00 or so.  I do a DF at 10:30, which happens sometimes a little earlier if she is up crying a lot. During the day though she seems to sleep ok unless she spits up during her naps.  she has started to cry when transitioning sleep cycles and if she is lying flat she will not go back to sleep without being held. 

I have heard that the symptoms are normal, but since I have never had a "normal" baby, I wasn't sure to what extent that normal is, so I thought I would ask to be sure.  I am not thinking I will be taking her to a dr to get diagnosed if it stays this mild, but I am really thinking of going dairy free for a month or so and see if it does anything. 
Melissa
http://www.livingafrugallife.com - Frugal Living

mom to:
Braxton 09/06/2006
Reagan 03/27/2008
Kiley 09/27/2010
Quinn 02/10/2013
Madison 08/07/2021