Author Topic: MPI DD had cheese with no issues?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline bakershaker

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mom of 3- Baker 12/07, Myla 03/10, Sawyer 03/14
MPI DD had cheese with no issues?
« on: November 23, 2010, 16:49:53 pm »
I'll begin by saying my daughter is MPI. DS went and fed DD cheese yesterday, I was to busy to even realize what she was eating in her highchair and just assumed it was her pasta. She ate quite a bit I believe.But she didn't vomit like she usually does from having something with milk in it, and she didn't get fussy at all after. Could it be that she can tolerate cheese? How do you begin to introduce foods with milk in it to them to see what they can tolerate?
Mommy to 3 beautiful little ones

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 17:15:22 pm »
I think depending on the severity of the MPI, some dairy can be tolerated because of how it's made, it's proteins would be broken down more during processing.  Still, you will want to be weary.  Often a slip up with F would not cause issues and lull me into a false sense of security thinking he's over it, but it can accumulate I think and cause problems when exposed in larger quantities.  I'm not sure what the best course of action is for re-introducing dairy.  I have heard that yogurt is most easily tolerated, again due to how it is processed, so maybe you could try that?
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline bakershaker

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mom of 3- Baker 12/07, Myla 03/10, Sawyer 03/14
Re: MPI DD had cheese with no issues?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 17:41:37 pm »
Thanks Martina!  I will maybe try some yogurt this week and see how she does. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I would love some more snack options for her..so tolerating cheese or yogurt would be awesome for us!
Nice to see you also..I never see your posts anymore! Hope you and the boys are doing great!!
Mommy to 3 beautiful little ones

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 17:45:51 pm »
Lisa-our Ped said we could start doing dairy challenges at 9mo if I wanted.  BC EL is EBF she said for me to try cheese and yogurt first.  Then if she is ok, try giving her cheese and yogurt.  Giving some time for each to get into her system.  Then, if she does ok with that you move onto straight milk through me, then at a year if all is going well she can have cows milk.  

There are for sure varying degrees of MPI so she could be coming through it already.  I would just go slow and watch.  I might even be tempted to give her some more to see if a reaction does come along and if not proceed with caution.  That is just me though.  I know it is getting harder and harder to keep Ry from feeding El all the stuff he loves...so cute he wants to share his favorite foods, but I know she isn't ready yet.  

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 18:18:34 pm »
I know what you mean, I would so love to be able to give F cheese or yogurt as a snack.  It's really tough trying to find dairy free options!  I will probably wait a little longer because F is only almost 7mos, and then like Sarah start introducing it into my diet first to see how he does.

We'll be moving up to the 7-9mo BC next week so you'll see more of us then.  ;)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 18:54:33 pm »
WOW-already time to move!!  This is going by so fast...not sure if it is bc I have 2 or bc Iknow this will be my last baby.
See ya next week!!

Lisa-I sure hope she does ok...I am so hopeful to be done with this soon!!