Author Topic: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 21097 times)

Offline We Three

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 03:06:06 am »
It was long before I even became a Mom that I read SOTBW...and I thought "Everything in here is *right*."   It was so clear. I KNEW that someday I would be a BWing Mom. It is truly an honor to continue your work, even in any small way.

You know how grateful I feel to you, Tracy....I have whispered it to you a million times..when I had a quiet resting baby, when I had a toddler who *asked* to go to bed, when I figured out a routine based on her cues.  In the past 4 years, I have whispered a thousand thank yous.  And I will keep doing so, I'm sure of it.

My prayer I'm sure is the same as yours would have been...may every baby be whispered to.   :-*

Offline Little toes

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 03:07:14 am »
Tracy, no words can thank you enough. So many lives were changed for the better because of you. You will never be forgotten.

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 03:26:40 am »
Thank you, my dear friend.  Words are inadequate, but you are a huge part of the reason why my little boy is such a joy.  We will always miss you but hope we make you proud :-*
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 05:09:18 am »
Coming from a dark home where children were not respected nor listened to I had no role model for being a mother.  I so desperately knew what kind of mother I wanted to be but had no idea of how to get there.  Then by chance DH's client recommended SOBW and I knew this is what I needed to do.

I too have sat quietly with tears in my eyes praying for guidance,  and the guidance came through all of the ladies (and gentlemen) here on this community. 

I never would have thought I would have so much comfort from so many nameless faceless people...but they are all here to help make children's lives better and what better reason to come together.

I too want to thank you for putting your wisdom down on paper.  I fear for what my children's lives would have been like if I did not find these answers.  I am not sure that my 2 babes 12mo and 5days apart would be as happy as they are now if I did not have all of help from everyone here.

There are not enough Thank Yous to say...my life is eternally changed and there are going to be 2 better people in this world bc of what I learned here.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 07:14:09 am »
Remembering all of your caring work today.

Your first book SOTBW guided me through my first child, and now with my second I understand even more what you mean about respect and listening, and doing what will work for your unique baby within my unique family.

Both my children smile and laugh for different reasons - spirited Jacob and angel Megan - thankyou for helping me see the great in both of them  :-* :-*.

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 08:09:22 am »
Rest well, Tracy, in the knowledge and comfort that your legacy has been so many hundreds of thousands of contented and attended to babies - and new parents who feel they have a compass by which to guide them. From myself and on behalf of all of those babies, thank you.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 08:23:02 am »
To the lady who has touched so many lives.....
Your wisdom has allowed me to gain confidence as a mother and cherish my two little boys
May you rest in peace

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 09:07:48 am »
thank you for helping me to see that I did not need to let my baby CIO or bring him into bed with me to get him and us the rest we needed and as a result thank you for the amazing bond we now have. xx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 10:01:18 am »
Tracy,
From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your wisdom, I thank you for the wonderful community of mums and dads who have absolutely changed my life.. I thank you for the smile on my sons face now that his reflux is controlled and I thank you for the days and nights when he can now sleep peacefully and pain free. 
You have profoundly influenced my life and the mother that I want to be.
Rest in peace.
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 10:17:21 am »
You will never be forgotten Tracy, thank you for the lessons you have taught us and I am so grateful that the wonderful team behind this website are continuing your work and helping so many other parents like myself.

xxxxxxxx
Catherine x

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 11:06:53 am »
Tracy - thank you for putting al your wisdm into your books so we could all learn how to be the best parents we could be  and thank you for creating this place that has become such a safe haven, supportive, light filled environment where I know I can always come home to - even almost 6 years later... we have all been blessed
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 11:36:23 am »
I thank you again, Tracy, for everything you taught me about these beautiful boys of mine. Thank you for this website and these wonderful women who work everyday to continue your work.

I am so thankful that I had the chance to chat with you so many years ago.

Sleep well.
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 13:17:13 pm »
Thank you, Tracy.  I still may not always get it right, but at least I have the confidence and framework to do it in!
*** Amanda ***

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 15:05:32 pm »
Thank you Tracy for writing SOTBW.  Without that book I would not be here today with a smiley happy toddler.  I am forever grateful for your wisdom.

Rest in peace.  I hope that we as a community can continue to pass on your methods to many many more families.
LAURA xx

Offline sianie

• Showing Appreciation 101
  • My little monkeys....
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 15:33:41 pm »
As a Mum to 2 BW'ed children I'd like to say a big thank you to Tracy & also to the fab people on this site who have supported me through some tough times & helped me to understand how to listen to & respect my precious children  :-*
Sian