Author Topic: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 21099 times)

Offline Site Admin Team

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Administrator
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: November 25, 2010, 00:24:11 am »
Tracy Hogg, RNMH “The Baby Whisperer"
Born and raised in the north of England, Tracy worked in several reknowned hospitals including St. Catherine's Hospital for the Mentally Handicapped, where she first discovered her gift for understanding children's cries, gestures, body language, and other nonverbal cues -a talent she would later apply to babies. When she emigrated to the United States in 1992, Tracy began to work exclusively with parents and their new babies, helping them make the transition from delivery room to first diapers and eventually into toddlerhood.

In 2001 Tracy, working with her co-author, award-winning journalist Melinda Blau, published her first book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How To Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby, which instantly became a New York Times bestseller. Just one year later, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers was published and became a national bestseller as well.  
In June 2002 Tracy teamed up with Discovery Health in Great Britain to produce a fifteen-part television series entitled The Baby Whisperer. Each episode demonstrates not only Tracy's incredible problem-solving skills, but also her compassion for children and parents.
In 2004, even as she was battling a life-threatening disease, Tracy and her co-author collaborated on The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. Because Tracy knew that this might be her last book, she was determined to cover every conceivable problem so that even if she couldn't help parents personally, her book would.

Sadly, Tracy lost her battle to melanoma on November 25, 2004. Six years later her legacy lives on in her books, her tapes, her television programmes, and, mostly, the spirit of this website. The Babywhisper website realized one of Tracy's greatest dreams: to create a place where thousands of devoted parents can come to share their experiences and to support one another. What she possibly didn't imagine, though, was that this virtual community would also make sure that her wit and wisdom could never die.    

We hope that you will join us in paying tribute to Tracy on this thread. The thread will remain here in this board as a lasting tribute on this special day.

You might also want to light a candle in memory here:

Light A Candle

If you would like to add the remembrance avatar, you may save it to your computer and upload it like you normally would.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 00:49:34 am by jaime-jaina&luke »
The Babywhisperer Site Admin Team

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 00:28:41 am »
God Bless you Tracy. Thank you for saving our family.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 00:31:43 am »
Tracy, thank you so much for giving me the knowledge and the tools to be a better parent. 
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 00:50:24 am »
Tracy, thank you for teaching me how to listen to different types of babies and then respond appropriately. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 00:59:19 am »
Tracy, in my darkest hour you gave me hope.  Your compassion, your strength, your wisdom and honesty have left an imprint on my soul and I am forever grateful that I am a better mother because of you and your methods.  Your legacy lives on within our hearts.  Through this site we will spread your teachings across the world and support as many parents as possible, because we are forever indebted.

Bless you always.

The tweaking never stops!

Offline lilybug25

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 01:01:04 am »
Thank you Tracy, for showing me how to respect my child and be the best parent I can be.

tigerlilly905

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:01:33 am »
Tracy, thank you for touching our family in ways I can't even explain.  We are forever grateful for your teachings.  God bless you and your family always.

Offline Meditrina

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 01:10:20 am »
Tracy, thanks you for finding me in a very isolated and dark place and bringing me back to the light, thank you for teaching me to respect my little people for who they are and giving me the tools and support to work through it all in the past, present and furture, and thank you for changing my life and the lives of my children.   
~Mary~

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:28 am »
Dearest Tracy,
 Thank you for teaching me to trust and listen to my instincts. The bleak times were incredibly difficult, but you gave me that hope to persevere. I'll forever be grateful for your invaluable knowledge and your tireless work with babies. Your legacy will remain forever and passed on for generations to come.
*Sarah*

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 01:39:08 am »
I am ever grateful for your Baby Whispering strategies. Thank you, Tracy!!

Offline Canwi

• Retired GM and Mod still paying it forward
  • Showing Appreciation 253
  • Me, in a picture
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 01:44:52 am »
Once again I thank you for writing down the lessons I needed to learn to gain the skills I needed to become the mother I wanted to be.
I will remain ETERNALLY grateful for your accurate and honest description of reflux, for it was your book that gave me the description and consequently a correct diagnosis for DS2.  

I wish I could tell you this in person. You were taken much, much too soon from us. :'(

8) I BFd a combined total of 4y, 1m & 1d

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 01:47:48 am »
Thank you Tracy, for teaching me to listen to my baby and giving me the tools and techniques to be the best parent I can be.  God bless you.
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline Mrs. A

• formerly SamirsMom
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 01:52:01 am »
Thank you, Tracy, for giving me the opportunity to be a better mother than I would have been without your wisdom. Thank you for teaching me how to communicate with my children in a very real way.
Lisa
Proud mom to:
Samir 11 July 2006
Xenia 07 March 2008
Marina 20 January 2010
and one more on the way!

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 02:07:15 am »
Everything pp's have said and more! Just... thank you.
Amy

lilac83

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:46 am »
It has been almost 2.5 years now since I first picked up The Baby Whisperer book. Little did I know that book would change the way I parent my DD. Thank you Tracy for sharing your knowledge with the world.