Author Topic: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing  (Read 21146 times)

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 16:41:22 pm »
Thank you Tracy as always. I sit here trying to type in peace thinking of you, only to be interrupted by my blessed DS. Somehow that seems right to me, and you wouldn't mind.  :-*

Offline jacsmummy

• Mummy to Jacca & Bonnie Xx
  • Showing Appreciation 32
  • Xx
Re: Sixth Anniversary of Tracy's Passing
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 16:48:09 pm »
Thank You Tracey for all you have done for not only us but all of the many, many parents out there.....your spirit lives on in your books & on the pages within all of the help & kindness BW'rs show to eachother....  :-*

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 16:52:50 pm »
Thank you Tracy :-*

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 17:02:09 pm »
thank you Tracy for making me the Mammy I am today xxx

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline MommytoJashn

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • The Naughty Naugthy Girl !!
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 17:08:27 pm »
Thank you Tracy, u have made me the mother that I am.
I will be forever indebted to u for guiding me through the toughest challenge of understanding and respecting my little baby.
Can never thank u enough !

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 17:37:20 pm »
Nearly 9 years ago, when my first baby was a few days old and I was shattered with lack of sleep, horrible pain from a bad latch progressing to mastitis, and severe post-partum depression, I stumbled across Tracy's book in the bookstore. That book gave me the start I needed to begin reading my baby, even though she turned out to be not-textbook in pretty much every way there was, at least behaviorally and neurologically and to a degree, medically.

At about two months of age, desperate for help with the naps, I turned to Google to try to find Tracy herself - which I eventually did - I stumbled on the BW forums. Now, 8-1/2 years later, with no babies left in the house or on the way, I'm still there! I've learned so much from Tracy and from the forums. It's been a place to get information about sleep. It's where I first heard of reflux in babies, and where I found the courage and strength to bully Josie's doctor into seeing her and finally treating her. It's where I've learned about different developmental stages, and about how Spirited can still encompass a wide range of behaviors and even personalities. I've gotten some good resources here for Josie's issues as well, and lots of food for thought to help me "keep it real." It's where I found information about learning, and nutrition, and safety, and preschools. It's where we can discuss DH's and AF's and nobody bats an eye. ;D It's been a safe place to discuss my depression and meds and supplements - or lack of them - without judgment. It's where I've come for a long time to get help and support even for things not strictly related to childrearing, where I know I'll always find a shoulder to cry on or a crew of people to happy-dance with me. Lots of BW's have come and gone, and maybe - MAYBE - someday I too will finally move on, but not any time soon if I can help it.  :-*

So thank you, Tracy, for your book, for your forum and community. I shudder to think of what my life would be like now had I not been guided to your book that otherwise awful depression-ridden day, and eventually here to the BW boards. I think it's safe to say that that moment saved our sanity.

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 17:54:16 pm »
Thank you Tracy, for helping me learn to be the kind of parent I always wanted to be xx
]

Offline Kimberlina

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 20:27:19 pm »
I found you thanks to a Tesco newsletter when I was bursting-at-the-seams pregnant, and I thought "that sounds right to me."  I borrowed SAYP from the library when he was days old and you gave me a road map. I sought you out when my midwife quietly disapproved of not demand BFing and I was lost in darkness. That day, I found out that you had gone before us to live with our Father... and that day you gave me the greatest gift: these forums.

I have spent 5 days 20 hours and 27 wonderful minutes with the ladies here - laughing, crying, and supporting each other anytime of the day (in a way, I still miss my 4am BC club!). Without them, I promise you that I wouldn't have made it. And they were here because of you.

You have changed my life and my path in a way I never even considered. I shudder to think of what sort of life my son would have had if it wasn't for you.

When people tell me babies don't come with a manual, I tell them "yes, they do".

Thank you, Tracy, my lovely northern lass.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 21:09:16 pm by Kim! »
♥ Kim

Offline lulunut

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 20:37:52 pm »
Without Tracy there would be no baby Whisperer book and no other option for me.  She has the only respectful and understanding way to handle all your issues with your babies.  Without her book I would have never found this website that has been so wonderful, caring, supportive and helpful throughout my sleepless nights.

Thank-you.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 21:55:36 pm »
Thank you Tracy.
No other person whom I have never met and who even passed on before I knew of them has had such a profound and positive influence on me and my family.
This site has been invaluable to me.
What a wonderful legacy you have left. God bless you and your family.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline embw

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 22:11:00 pm »
Thank you Tracy for all your gifts - you helped me become the best mum I could be and gave me courage and strength when I really needed it. Your legacy continues to make our children happy and contented beings!

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 22:21:05 pm »
Tracy,

What to say?  What words can convey the strength of feeling I have for a woman I have never and will never meet in this life who reached out to me at a time when I was lost?  A woman who told me it was ok to want to be a different kind of parent to that which I had been brought up to be.  A woman who, with a simple 15 part television series turned on a lightbulb in my head.

I was in freefall when I read your books over Christmas when my son was 6 weeks old.  I had no idea what I was doing and felt like I was drowning.  You lifted me up, you gave me the tools to be the parent I wanted to be but didn't know how to be.  You threw me a lifeline and I, my son and my husband thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  

My darling son is a joy to be with and is a very happy, highly energetic, spirited little man.  He is happy because of you.  I am happy because of you.  He knows that I understand him and he trusts me to always be there if and when he needs me.

As I say, there are just no words to express my thanks.  

Tracy, you would be so pleased to see the fantastic community here carrying on your work with a new generation of babies and every day I give thanks to the women and men who make it possible.

XXX

marita1977

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 09:35:39 am »
God bless her

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 16:10:57 pm »
Thank you for teaching me that a baby cries for a reason... sometimes that reason is for a snuggle and sometimes the reason is much less apparent.  Thank you for teaching me to recognize that I am a good mom and that I can do this... even on the days when I don't think I can.

Offline katyusha

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Kate mum to E, M, F and 2 little souls in heaven
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 15:42:15 pm »
Tracy, rest in peace. I love your books and they have helped and still are helping us a lot. They are very sensible and taught me to respect my kids and to work with them. But equally they helped me to take better care of myself.