Author Topic: What are you buying your toddler for Christmas?  (Read 4812 times)

Offline gpmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
What are you buying your toddler for Christmas?
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:15 am »
Hi there!

Dd is 3.5 and I am having troubles coming up with a great gift this year.  What are you getting your toddler, or what is there favorite toy?  Please put their age!! 

Thanks so  much ;D
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: What are you buying your toddler for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:01:03 am »
Spence is 2.5 and we are getting her a train set as the main gift.  She is also very into the Fisher Price little people sets and totally loves those Furreal dogs that you can walk on a leash, but Toy r us was sold out!
Heidi

Offline Aly Mac

• Showing Appreciation 162
  • Such joy!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:59:15 am »
DD is 4 and we are getting her a doll house. She did get a trampoline for her birthday too.

Last year she got a guitar :)
Aleesa.....

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:34:09 am »
Amelia will be 4 just after Christmas....last year her gifts were a sit-down piano, (she still plays it, almost daily...it has a microphone too..she can sing and play!), a cash register (with a scanner and things to scan), and in her stocking she got a view-master and some discs for it...she still loves that!

This year, she is getting The Loving Family Dollhouse (after much debate over wooden/plain or platic/detailed), a Step & Play Piano (like from the movie "Big"), the kind that you roll out onto the floor and play with your feet! And a c/d player with an attached microphone, because I tell you...this kid loves to sing!   :)  In our house, Santa brings 3 gifts...so I think that's about it except for some fun stocking stuffers.  Her birthday is 2 days later, though...so there is still a thing or two I need to decide on!

p.s. Something she got for her 3rd birthday but still loves too...is (I think it's Playschool) her digital camera. The pictures are horrible quality, but I can't tell you how much she loves that thing! 

She discovered Legos this year too....she has a farm/horse set that she LOVES. 

Offline Aly Mac

• Showing Appreciation 162
  • Such joy!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:26:58 am »
Anne I hear you on the Dollhouse debate.  My DH and I have been agonising for months!! And have found a great wooden one with all the furniture and people on ebay (new!)
Aleesa.....

Offline elf

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:27:19 am »
Seems that these girls are so similar!  My DD got a guitar last Xmas and this year is getting a Wooden Dolls house with the little furniture etc (this is from her Grandparents though) and from Santa will be getting a trampoline, another My Little Pony (her choice) and since being to a friends house this week has shown interest in her Barbie Doll but I'm thinking Barbie should be for her 4th birthday? I'm trying to find ideas for my 15 month old son though so will se if someone posts good ideas for him... was googling and it seems that Fisher Price Little People and Garages with cars etc are quite popular for that age. 

Offline elf

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 06:34:23 am »
Ooops - DD age is 3.5 as well.  We are also doing a few practical gifts like a new backpack for Kindy, drinkbottle etc and she always gets some new books...  We keep in pretty simple in this house, mainly because I know that all relatives go a bit crazy.

Offline We Three

• The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 18:57:51 pm »
Alyssa, I get so torn about that stuff.  I am SO drawn to the more plain, "use your imagination" stuff.....but when I looked at Loving Family's Dollhouse, with the colors and the furniture and the lamp that really lights, and how EVERY parent in the reviews gave it 5 stars (I have never seen that before!)...I just felt she would play with this alot more than a plain one.  :-\   Plus...I love that it is large enough for her to have a friend or her cousin sit with her....big enough for 2 kids to play at once.

Offline gpmom

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 23:21:19 pm »
Wow great ideas ladies thanks.

I was toying with maybe a fish and fish bowl from Santa.  I thought it might be cool to have a pet of her own.  I am not sold on that idea which is why I asked you all about toys.

I thought about that Leapster explorer but dh wants her to wait on computer things.  She has a doll house, which is a great gift btw.  She has a piano with mic already too.  She loves music as well.  How funny that so many little girls raised in different houses have the same likes!!

We ordered her a few games because she LOVES LOVES LOVES to play games.  Memory and Elefun are her faves now.
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.

Offline We Three

• The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 02:26:30 am »
OOH than get Candyland! DD LOVES Candyland!

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 22:05:06 pm »
Enfys is 3.5 as well, and we have bought her a kiddizoom digital camera and a bicycle.  She got a playmobil toy farm last year and really enjoys that so I might get her a few pieces to add to that as well.

Offline brenda2

• Showing Appreciation 227
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 05:17:02 am »
great thread!  dd1 is almost 3.5 and we are getting her some puzzles (which is what she asked for and loves to do) and arts and crafts things (sets that have all the supplies to make various projects and crafts - all melissa and doug) she really loves to do pictures/crafts/glueing etc.  and we were thinking of getting her a leapster as well but haven't gotten that yet.

if you don't have a bike that would be a good idea, dd1 loves her balance bike.

we were also thinking of a dollhouse but i'm not convinced dd1 would play with it and the nice ones are so expensive so i passed on it.

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 12:11:37 pm »
gpmom, I am going to have to steal the fish idea ( i just won't tell dh!) for my son who is 5.5. I know he would love a pet (more like a dog, but this will have to do!) --I just have to remember to hide the food so he doesn't over-feed it!

As for T who is almost 14 months, I picked up this B. musical toy from Target yesterday...19.99...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 19:30:21 pm by Intransit »
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »
We are getting Brodie ( he's 2) one of those bikes with no pedals. Its a big buy but we think it'll be worth it.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/hotwalk-runner-2011-kids-bike-ec023677

Offline Lissybits

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • My world!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 12:27:21 pm »
Nicholas (very nearly 5) is getting a new bike for Christmas and then for his birthday (which is 23rd Dec) he's getting a helmet and a ramp :P
Leo (16 months) is having the Fisher Price garage and some books! Not much for him as he has ALL Nicholas's toys to play with KWIM?
They'll both have a few bits in their stockings too ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 20:19:45 pm by Lissybits »