Author Topic: What are you buying your toddler for Christmas?  (Read 4809 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: What are you buying your toddler for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 15:32:59 pm »
Leorah is getting a Vtech Mobigo for her main Xmas present, my brother bought it because she is now at 4 getting very interested in computers and games. For her birthday she got and Leapfrog Tag pen so she will be getting some new books for that, I cannot recommend this pen enough, there is a junior version for under 3s as well. MIL has bought her a dolls house, not sure how this will go down because she is not into dolls at all but loves small figures, still even likes her Little People so maybe we can get her some animals for the house. She got the Kidizoom camera last year and that has been one of the most successful presents ever! Crikey she sounds so spoilt and she is  ::) BTW we don't spoil her our families do enough of that so she just gets books and dvds from us  ;)
Katt

Offline elf

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 14:17:09 pm »
In the end we have ended up keeping DD's Xmas pressies from Santa quite small - I decided that this is the year that she will really understand it so if we go overboard then she will think that is what happens every year.  When she wrote her letter to Santa all she actually asked for was a 'Rainbow Dash' My Little Pony and a Wizard Costume - so she can turn people into frogs!  So that's what we got her!  It's all she has been talking about and says she wants to dress up for Halloween next year - bless her, because it's not that big a thing here in Oz!  I found a gorgeous pink cape and a cute black witch hat with pink stars and am going to get her a magic wand to go with it.  I also picked up a $20 cardboard cubby - it's a Disney one with Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty on it and comes with Texters.  I bought her a different one last year and I can't recommend them enough if you ever see them in a shop.  DD and I painted it together and then decorated the inside by making clocks and other crafty things and she played in it for months and months - until it fell apart!  I got her the 3 Disney Dolls (Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty) so she can role play in the cubby and her and I can decorate it again and it can be her little castle as she is enjoying listening to all the Disney Stories - but only the book versions at this stage.  And I also was thrilled to find a Viewfinder as I've never been able to find one before.  I went and looked at the Playmobil and DH and I decided that we will buy her it for her 4th birthday and get the 4 year old stuff.  We also decided against the scooter as she has only just really got into riding her bike the past few months and we thought we'd let her keep enjoying that for now.  DS has got the Duplo Dumptruck and a really cool toy for the Sandpit - made by this great German company - where you pour sand in the top and it turns around - hard to describe, but he's only 16 months and I already feel there are too many toys in this house!  He is getting so much use out of all the things DD had, so will focus more on his 2nd birthday - had to stop myself looking at all the trains and tracks!  I actually went into the toy shop last week and got so overwhelmed by all the wonderful things that I had to come home and remind myself that she doesn't need all these things to be happy then went back in the afternoon and only got what was on my list...  Thanks for all the great ideas on this thread - I'll be coming back to it next year when she turns 4!

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 17:25:57 pm »
We had a "danish xmas day" today as we are off to the Uk and as L has mainly books we didn't want to drag them over so we had this whole thing going on where Santa's head elf came for him last night etc  ;) Anyway it was the first time she REALLY understood what it is all about and was unwrapping all her presents very excitedly and the main one which is a portable dvd/karaoke from her grandad was last and she opened it with lots of wows etc and then exclaimed "yippee, I have a new box!" and played with that for about 2hrs with her Little People!! Ironically one of her nans came around later and with a dolls house, did I mention she is spoilt  ::)
Katt

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 18:53:09 pm »
Well in the end I think Finn was totally spoiled, mostly by my mom lol

He ended up with Alfie the Robot (still age inappropriate though so we may put away), a doctor/medical set (now that's something quite cute and he's enjoying already), Mr. Potato Head which he already loves, Plasticine, Hot Wheels, a shape sorter from his head daycare teacher, a Hot Wheels floating bath set from us, a wooden bike thing from DH/Grandma (the kind where you learn to balance - it has no pedals), wooden puzzles from me, and some books from Nana.

I think that's all but it's all a blur lol
The tweaking never stops!

Offline gpmom

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • My 4 year old!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 23:22:52 pm »
My lo got Alphie, she is 3.5 and LOVED it.  Great toy for sure, a guy I work with got one for his lo and he loved it as well.
Joan...mom to Daisy!!
Born July 25, 2007
My perfect little bug.