Author Topic: Lo swapping naps around?  (Read 866 times)

Offline alicia+3

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 30, 2010, 14:14:53 pm »
So my 5 month old LO naps pretty well now, he usually has one hour in the morning and then 2 hours in the afternoon and 45 min catnap. The last 2 days however he has had 2 hours in the morning and then one hour in the afternoon. It kinda messes the routine up a little. Do I leave him to do this or shall I wake him from the first one and then hope the second one is 2 hours?

Thanks.

Offline alicia+3

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 16:44:55 pm »
anyone? Third day now, this morning the nap was almost 3 hours from 8.45 till 11.30. Then he had 45 mins at 13.30 and is now having a catnap in the swing.
Shall I wake him from the morning one after an hour? I would rather the big nap be in the afternoon.
Thanks!

Offline ~Sara~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Lo swapping naps around?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 17:20:46 pm »
I would definitely cap the first nap, not letting him sleep past his E time.  If you see his PM nap getting shorter, I'd say it's UT and you can tack on some more A time beforehand.  Just a note about what's on the horizon: dropping the catnap :)  When A times are ~3h each, he'll be able to get by on just 2 naps/day.
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline alicia+3

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 17:41:51 pm »
Thanks! Yesterday I woke him after an hour form the morning one. He then had 2,30 hours in the afternoon(small extension at about 1 hour for 5 mins) Today he had an hour in the AM and then 1,30 in the afternoon. Think we are getting back to track!
He has just turned 5 months, his A time is about 2h15m does that sound right?

Offline ~Sara~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Lo swapping naps around?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 19:24:27 pm »
Woohoo!  That's a great update.

And, yes, 2h15 is pretty average: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64158.msg689377#new.

If naps suddenly go to between 45m-1h, then he's probably ready for a bit more A time (between 5-10 minutes).
*formerly tersaseda*