Author Topic: waking early  (Read 1001 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
waking early
« on: November 27, 2010, 14:25:25 pm »
my wee one is 26 wks and been on solids for 5-6 wks and only just started sleeping through the night 2 wks ago with no feeds ;D  but this wk he wakes between half 5 and 6 for a feed, i also increased his solids but last night he woke for 2 feeds ??? any ideas?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 14:54:18 pm »
Perhaps he is going through a growth spurt??

At times like this when you are certain he is still hungry, it's ok to increase solids but what he really needs to fill him up is milk.  So be careful that you are not replacing milk with solids.  The milk feeds will sustain him longer so if anything try to get more milk into him.

Otherwise, if it continues longer than a few days and is not a growth spurt, you might want to look into your routine.  There could be other reasons for his waking, and if it actually isn't hunger then you don't want to be reinforcing a feeding habit by continuing to feed, kwim?  You can also try posting on the NWings board, or the EASY board if you think it is a routine issue.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
Re: waking early
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:08:45 am »
it crossed my mind that it may be a growth spurt , the early waking started on mon morning, so it could well be our routine.
  i will look over everything see what happening.

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 21:16:01 pm »
Hey there, hope you have been able to get some insight into what is going on.  I noticed you have a similar post on the BFding boards, and since I don't really think it's a solid foods issue I'm going to lock this thread for now.  Here is a link to your other post so people can head over there to help you out.  :)
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=182343.0
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012