Author Topic: IS there any hope that 40 minute naps will lenghthen naturally?  (Read 3119 times)

scucci1979

Re: IS there any hope that 40 minute naps will lenghthen naturally?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 18:38:29 pm »
Following along. These short naps are awful.  With DD1, it was developmental and having the right A time. She began to give me longer naps at 4.5months.  DD2 will be 4 months on the 16th and she has giving me some long naps with the aid of a paci but is now short napping again b/c we are weaning it.  She is doing 1hr and 45min of A time.  She has been on this for three weeks now. I think I may try to increase 5 min tomorrow. I just don't have time to settle with a crazy toddler running around and clinging to my leg. I remember reading somewhere that they need an A tweak every 4 weeks.

If you find the magic cure, let me know.  :-*

Offline suzanasam

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:10 am »
Dear Sabs,

My DS is turning 4 mo on the 15th. Have you started transitioning to 4 hr EASY?
My mind is so messed up, what with thinking about A times, extending to 4 hr EASY, thinking about w2s timing, and getting rid of night feeding....arrrghhhh!!!

I got one success at extending nap by rubbing his back and holding his leg before 40 min, but I tried it again and again , but haven't been able to get it right about the timing...it's so exasperating!!!

bluegreenorange

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 19:59:30 pm »
So, I adjusted his A time longer by 30 minutes - I know a lot.  But he is still happy to be awake and IF he  wakes up mid nap goes back to sleep much easier.  Just have to get him through a 2-3 minute fussy time after 1 hour awake - which I used to think was a sleep cue.

scucci1979

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 19:09:56 pm »
These naps drive me insane!
suzanasam: I am trying to move to a 4hour EASY but I think the max she can do is three hours and 15min as she gets very hungry. If she took two hour naps, then the 4 hr EASY would be easy.  ATM her A time is 1hr and 55min and I think she needs more. She is a litter higher on the A time.  This morning she napped for 1.5hours on her own. However, her second nap, she talked herself to sleep(used same A time) and she woke up like a spring chicken after 40min.  She didn't want any extension.

Offline mum2girls

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 23:28:02 pm »
just joining in, my DD is the same and its driving me nuts, im at breaking point today.......
I cant seem to get the first A time right, she gets grumpy after 1.5hrs but im trying to keep her up longer but cant seem to manage it, then she will wake after 45mins happy.  I then have no idea how long her next A time should be, and it screws up feeding times, trying to get onto 3.5hr easy but its just not working.
Where is my patience ;)

Offline pixelbox

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 16:39:05 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm going to follow this thread along as well. My DS is around the same age (16 wo) and is a chronic short napper. I'm also trying to move him to a 3.5 hour EASY because he doesn't seem to be hungry anymore at the 3 hr or even 3.5 hr mark. But I'm finding it a real challenge because his "A" time is currently only around 1hr 20min and his naps are usually only 40min long. So I'm not sure how a 3.5 hour EASY would look like.

If anyone has a good 3.5 hour EASY routine for a short napper, I would really love to see it. In the meantime, let's all hope that the catnaps are just a phase.

Offline Gpgmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 12:31:50 pm »
Hi ladies,

I just wonder in the few weeks since this post began if you've seen any improvement with the short naps? I am in exactly the same scenario, 16 week old DD started the 45 min naps a few weeks ago and no improvement yet although I got some really good advice on here about activity times and most of the time I can get her to settle to sleep well. But she now constantly wakes grumpy at 45 mins and nap extension has only worked about twice and then only for an additional 10 mins.

If any of you ladies have seen progress it would really keep me motivated!

Thanks