Author Topic: Your LO's fave movie??  (Read 6509 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: Your LO's fave movie??
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 11:10:22 am »
We have loads but tend to watch the same one over and over for a few weeks at a time, at the mo' it is Shrek the Halls (it has been Shrek 1 and 3, 2 is no good because Shrek is a normal man for a lot of it and that is not right  :P) Toy Story 2 and 3 (we must have Jessie!), Madagascar 1 and 2 and Shark's Tale. Peter Pan is very high on the list but we don't have a copy because it is not on release at the mo' so rent it on and off from the library.

Ones that have not gone down so well are Charlotte's Webb, Kung Fu Panda and Ratatouille (sp?) but this can change suddenly. At right around 3 years Leorah most loved Open Season and Dr Seuss's Horton film, before 3 Leorah was not really into films so would just watch small episodes, it is so nice she now likes to see proper films though the only way she sits and watches it all is with a huge bowl of popcorn or restrained in the car!

Oh I almost forgot Space Chimps, Leorah must be their number 1 fan because it really hasn't been popular in Europe, basically any films with animals are great but not the stories with princesses or people.
Katt

Offline elf

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 11:50:46 am »
DD has gone off movies - partly due to her imagination, and being scared, so I am going to make sure I sit down with her next time to watch one and chat through it with her.  But, before she went off them, she used to love 'The Land Before Time' movies with Littlefoot.  Not the first one though as Mummy Dinosoar dies, but all the others - 'The Time of Great Giving', 'The Journey to Big Water' etc.  She loves all the songs in them and they are cute stories.  She's also watched Winnie the Pooh and enjoyed those.  I recently bought her 'Tinkerbell and the great Fairy Rescue' which she liked, but now says the cat is scary so she hasn't wanted to watch that either.  She will happily watch other TV though.  I might try Cinderella as she loves that book.  Awhile ago I borrowed some movies off my friend and they were all the old classics that I remembered as a child like, 'Lady and the Tramp', '101 Dalmations' etc so I might try them as well.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 14:52:39 pm »
There's a 2nd Madagascar? Oh, better not tell Masyn...I forgot that it is her new favourite.  When any movie gets to the "scary" parts, Masyn hides behind the couch and Spencer cover her eyes and yells "uh oh".   It's better than when she used to laugh when Ariel's mom dies in one of the prequels to Little Mermaid.
Heidi

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 16:21:03 pm »
Finding Nemo
Cars

recently he has watched Ice Age, Peter Pan, all the Toy Stories and Beauty and the Beast - he liked these but usually will not sit thru the whole movie

I think Cars/ Finding Nemo are very age appropriate. Cars has one quote "i think i'm in hillbilly hell" which i wished they used another word besides hell (i think it is funny but don't want DS to say it)

Toy Story - they use the words idiot and stupid alot which  bugs me but the movies are cute. Toy story 3 made me cry!

PS We just saw Tangled in the theatre and it was really cute!  
heather

Offline sensfan

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 16:25:01 pm »
Another vote for Cars and Finding Nemo, DS loves them both! Another one he really likes is Happy Feet...even if he can't follow the plot he loves to watch the dancing penguins :)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 18:21:24 pm »
Happy Feet is a fav here too, and the Madagascar Christmas movie but that's quite a short one. The kids are buying me Beauty and the Beast for Christmas so I'm intending to brain wash them!

This has given me some great ideas for new films to try on DS!

Laura

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 18:37:15 pm »
There's a 2nd Madagascar? Oh, better not tell Masyn...I forgot that it is her new favourite.  When any movie gets to the "scary" parts, Masyn hides behind the couch and Spencer cover her eyes and yells "uh oh".   It's better than when she used to laugh when Ariel's mom dies in one of the prequels to Little Mermaid.

The second one is the best! Do you kmow that song "I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky" Leorah goes around singing that in a deep voice! They also have more "move it, move it" on, I have bought L the soundtrack for Xmas!
Katt

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 20:35:01 pm »
They also have more "move it, move it" on

That's Masyn's favourite part!! The movie of the day today is Rugrats. 
Heidi

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 21:06:30 pm »
Cars here...and has been for around 2 yrs!

Bees was a short-term hit, as was Horton.

As for shorties - together they'll watch peppa, barney, bob the builder, thomas....
Emma's a little tomboy thanks to her big bro!

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 21:13:01 pm »
We vote for Cars and Finding Nemo as well, also Monsters Inc, but I think I have very unimaginative children as they don't get scared at all!

dd1 got Beauty and the Beast for her birthday as she is so into princesses, and that is a major favourite, but the last couple of weeks have been completely taken over by the 3 Ice Age films.

We also watch The Incredibles and The Emperor's New Groove - they are mainly for me!  dd2 choses The Incredibles whenever she has a choice, and they do both enjoy watching these.

They watch Toy Story at a friend's house and love it - not sure which one it is, though!

Offline buttonbaby

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 21:54:54 pm »
Don’t know despareu at all? Sorry to ehar about your dad maggieruth.
I think Jungle book would be a great one! Never heard of Shrek the Halls either?
Oh Shark's Tale is a good one!
Charlotte's Webb
Skatty Funny you found kung fu panda wasn’t great…same here..well for now anyway!
I too like the classics like 'Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations! Annie was the first film I saw in the cinema and Lady and the tramp was the first one I saw in the cinema without my mum..went with neighbours..felt like a big girl! :)
Also don’t like films that use words like words idiot and stupid as of course Lo’s will use them if they hear them in the films they watch them in.
Thanks so much my ideas movie list is expanding rapidly…loads of movies I didn’t think of!
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona

Offline elf

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 23:55:13 pm »
I think it's some of the 'larger than life animation' features on some of the creatures that gets her imagination going - I think it's just the age she is at, as around the same time she didn't want to watch Tinkerbell etc is when she asked for a night light in her bedroom and started talking about monsters in her room and not wanting to read 'The Gruffulo' or anything with a Bear in it!  Annie was one of my favourite movies as a child!

Offline buttonbaby

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 23:58:59 pm »
I think 'The Gruffulo'  would be a hit. Loved Annie too..my first film in a cinema! Thanks again! :)
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona

Offline elf

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 00:42:51 am »
... 'The Gruffulo' on DVD is really cute, as well as the book.  I still remember my Grandmother taking me to see Annie at the cinema - was also my first movie.  DD seems to enjoy movies that aren't animated at the moment.  I think her Grandfather has shown her 'Fly Away Home' with Anna Paquin in it - the one about the ducklings...

Offline buttonbaby

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 00:45:47 am »
DD and I like the non animated ones too...will look that up...thanks:)
Hello from Ireland!
Fiona