Author Topic: Need a sounding board. *poop pics added  (Read 13508 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: Need a sounding board...quite long
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 17:25:38 pm »
 So intersesting regarding the constipation. Brodie was ALWAYS constipate as a wee infant regardless of what formula he was on. Still has bouts these days. Makes me think about him in those early days and how refluxy and unsettled he was.

Just going to keep an eye on these poops until the weekend then decide from then. We do our weekly food shop on a Saturday or Sunday anyways so that gives me time to see if these stringy poops clear and then see what on earth I'm actually going to feed myself!

I've said ot before and I'll say it again. You Ladies are awesome.  :-*

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
just to give you a different take Emma -

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE dairy and was convinced (or rather convincing myself) that neither of mine could have allergies (Every bfing woman I know here in Polska goes on Ediet regardless....so I just didn't want to be like them LOL). Even in hospital they only serve you boiled rice and boiled apples "just in case" the baby has allergies and when I asked for milk for my tea they treated me like a criminal.

One thing I will say is that if Ds nights improve again then she is very, very like my two. IMHO a baby with milk intolerance CANNOT sleep that well night time and that badly daytime. Also, if she settles easily and happily alone for the most part after night feeds etc I would really suspect a fore/hind milk imbalance. I had it with my two, more marked with Emma who didn't cope as well as Oz in the early days and their nights were SO much better than their days.....

She sounds spirited for sure. And this may mean that she is coping with the fm/hm imbalance only when tired/in the dark/in the night and doesn't have the patience during the day. With Emma, on days when I was home (best of all, alone without oscar) and fed in the dark, after naps etc her poops were almost normal. But if we were out and about and she was nipping on and off or distracted I would be guaranteed green poops by the end of the day. Hers were MAJORLY explosive to the extent that once (tmi) a fart burst out beyond a well-fitting nappy and down my leg while I was feeding her....

Just a take from another dairy-addict who "got away with" not going dairy free.

To ask the mums who had to go dairy-free....did your LOs have the same tummy issues day and nighttime?

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline shivi

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 11:16:28 am »

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

scarlettsmom

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 00:47:08 am »
Hi Shiv!  So nice to see you!!  ;D:-*

Awesome perspective below, thanks for chiming in.

Regarding your question about night time, DD2 was definitely worse at night.   :(

Emma, how is it going??

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 00:50:56 am »
To ask the mums who had to go dairy-free....did your LOs have the same tummy issues day and nighttime?
Day sleep, night sleep, all sleep horrible for us.  :(  But I can't say that eliminating dairy directly improved sleep in general, it just improved F's behaviour and fussiness and eliminated mucous in his poop.

Thinking of you Emma
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:31 am »
OK, well nappies are still icky.  :( Poops are still explosive.  :(

Thing is she sttn last night.  ;D 11 hours.  ;D So her night sleep is def not affected, she has now started to take a morning nap too. Well for the last 3 days anyways. They are short but she still does it.

She sounds spirited for sure. And this may mean that she is coping with the fm/hm imbalance only when tired/in the dark/in the night and doesn't have the patience during the day.

Sounds right on the money Shiv. My supply has calmed down though. I dont wake in the night soaked through anymore and wake feeling like I want to burst, although if I dont get on the breast fairly quicly in the morning it does start to pour out!

Offline shivi

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 20:26:25 pm »
I don't know then, lovey....
I really think that a baby with allergies/food issues COULDN'T have such a good night and maybe Ds nights are better if the last feed is more relaxed, your supply is lower/more settled (mine was always so low at the 7/8pm stage after running around with the two all day).....

She sounds SO SO much like my two.....and Emma had the WORST nappies - I was almost at the stage of going to see the paed about them until I found info on the fore/hind milk imbalance and the steps I took to sort this (dark room, block nursing, no distractions, feeding while she was semi-conscious at the end of a nap etc) really helped me move to 4 HR EASY (and great naps- this is when everything fell into place with both of mine) very easily as she was taking GREAT, relaxed and nourishing feeds by then.

I am trying to think back to when and how the explosiveness stopped....def by around 3 mths both of them started the poop every few days business and by 4 mths it was once a week or even 10/11 days. The day before would be farty and gassy but the poops themselves were less explosive and better formed (though nowhere near as formed as FF babies)....but I think till around 12 weeks or even 14 they were quite explosive....

Emma's green and mucousy ones were few and far between once I took the steps I mentioned above - but I HAD to be consistent with them and the daytime feeds were hard for this one with Oscar around. I would get him doing some playdough, aquadraws or smth just before a feed/at the end of a nap and then leave him strapped in the highchair with tv on and a snack close to him as well (not that I needed to leave for that long as start to finish Emma was always a fast eater - 10 or 15 mins max) and that was it.

The results though with getting the f/h milk imbalance sorted SHOULD be a lot quicker than what it would take to see if it is a dairy or other intolerance....a few days was all it took to get rid of the very green yucky poops and then just a one or two bad feeds in a day (usually the weekend when we were out and about and feeds were more distracted) and we would have the yuck and the wind back again.

if I were you, I would try this first and then go down the elim route if you see no improvement after good feeds...

as for OS - by 8 weeks mine had settled in that I wasn't waking soaked but the left ALWAYS leaked loads if I started from the right and I had numerous blocked ducts etc.....
had a very strong tingly letdown as well.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

more info for you and biggest HUGS }}}{{{

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 21:14:10 pm »
More (((hugs))) Emma.  Shiv's advice does sound like that might be a problem, I agree the fact that D sleeps so well at night is curious.  What about giving it until the end of the month?  Holidays coming up and it's going to be so so hard to stick to an ED, even if you want to you will probably slip up with all the holiday food and TBH starting now is not enough time to psyche yourself up to missing out!  If you make it through the holidays and see little or no improvement, or if things get worse, then you can try in January.  Which really isn't that far away!   :o
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 21:28:52 pm »
 I agree!

The feeding issues for have never really settled completely y'know and I guess I need to give for that to happen. She has actually taken 2 good naps today in her crib and settled well for both so I think we may be turning a corner here ( I hate even saying it as I know then it wont last!). She has had a ton of gas today but no poop whatsoever!

I really hope these good nights stick around. Last night was just a one off i think, I cant be that lucky!

Offline shivi

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 21:40:22 pm »
, I agree the fact that D sleeps so well at night is curious.

this is what gets me....
and speaking from experience, it CAN and DOES happen - mine STTN at 14 weeks consistently (Oz) and 10 weeks with another few NWs during 3 mth GS (Emma) and then ever since....

But, in saying that, had I not pushed them to eat better, in the quiet of a darkened bedroom and had my supply not been as it was, well then I am sure I would still have had issues.

More huggles, Emmusia (if you don't mind me Polish-izing your name xxx).

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 23:13:01 pm »

More huggles, Emmusia (if you don't mind me Polish-izing your name xxx).

Love it!

When/if the naps start to get better I will definatley be trying the more sleepy sort of feeding uppn waking. Manages this morning after her 1st nap and she fed really well.

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 00:15:19 am »
Best of luck Emma, I am so rooting for you that you don't have to eliminate anything!  I got lucky with T, he never had a problem with anything and I think I took that for granted!  Even still, I'm hoping that F will be able to tolerate some dairy soon, he certainly doesn't seem as affected by things I eat as he used to.  Come back for more support whenever!!!   :-*
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 08:18:35 am »
 Thankyou Lovely.  :-*

Offline shivi

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 14:18:50 pm »
I got lucky with T, he never had a problem with anything and I think I took that for granted!

I also was much luckier with Oscar than Emma in terms of early issues and am thankful it was this way as I may have given up bfeeding her a lot earlier only I KNEW my body could do it if I could just get her to take those decent, non-distracted feeds. Of course the tongue tie was one of Emmusia's :-) main issues but this wasn't even noticed by me till around 3 mths UGH!

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 00:01:17 am »
Basically ditto to everything Martina says!! Her and I lead parallel lives across the world with opposite sexed children ;) All sleep crap here, dairy ED didn't really improve sleep but massively improved gas, screaming, fussiness with feeding and most of all constipation
Hugs, I don't wish an ED on anyone, I struggle every day with it but of course not so much that I want to give up bf!
Mwah xxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race