Author Topic: Need a sounding board. *poop pics added  (Read 13520 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: Need a sounding board...quite long
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 17:16:46 pm »
 Sorry to drag this thread up again but her poops are just the worst. She didn't go at all yesterday and today they have just been so watery and very smelly and green. One had 2 x dark flecks in it - not sure whether it was blood or not but there certainly wasnt alot of whatever it was.

Shivi - When you say Emma's nappies were bad well how bad is bad? What were they like? Spare no info!!

Still inclined to think its more to do with the foremilk/hindmilk thing but geez these nappies have been awful. So stinky too. I have been having issues with her clamping very heavily on my right breast too.

Sleep has improved tenfold. Taking ok naps and has sttn the last 2 out of 3 nights but most of all she is HAPPY. Smiles all day, even in her sleep! I'm just worried about these nappies, should I let it go or get it looked in to?

scarlettsmom

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 21:50:17 pm »
Aw, ((((((hugs))))))) sorry to hear that about the diapers.   :(. But YAY on the great sleep!!!

Just a note though, that's how Gwynnie's diapers started, with the black specks.  :(. For us it turned out to be blood. What you can do is take a full diaper, even if you don't see the specks again, and take it to the ped to test.  They can test for microscopic blood, and it only takes a few minutes.

I would do that right away.  Simply because if it IS blood in the stool the intestines need to heal.  If there is blood in stool I'll say you must have quite the angel baby though!! 

Hoping for the best! :-*

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 22:03:49 pm »
 Thanks honey. Hasn't pooped today so I'll wait until next poop and see whats in there! I'm just so confused as she is such a happy wee thing, really is an angel. The nappies are just so watery and icky though that it has me worried.

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 09:50:40 am »
Emma this is exactly what DD's nappies are like, often murky green in colour and if they're not like water they're like jelly :( And I am on an ED! I am seeing the paed today, I will report back in case it's anything that might help you too! :-* xxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:26 am »
 Thanks Charli. That would be awesome.  :-*

Pooped last night and this morning. Very, very watery again but no flecks in again. Although it was dark in the room for lasts nights nappy change so not 100% sure. They are so foul smelling too. When she was younger they smelled ok. I hate to admit it but I dont mind the smell of baby poop but these are just awful. DH came into the bedroom last night and thought the dog had an accident it was that bad.  :o

Good Luck today, I hope you get to the bottom of things.

Offline ~Emma~

Re: Need a sounding board.*poop pics added
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 13:03:13 pm »
Added some pics of the poop. You can see some dark flecks on some of the pics and the mucous bits are quite whitish in colour. Sorry the pics aren't too good. The poops is not as runny as 'normal' though and def not as green.

Also added a pic of her wee face so you have a look at her skin. Must be itchy as her hands are up at it all the time.

Got a doc sppt on Friday.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 13:48:18 pm by ~Emma~ »

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 13:04:31 pm »
Meant to say *poop pics not lics!

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 13:09:02 pm »
Poor wee thing!

I really think you would have everything to gain by eliminating dairy at the least. See what happens if you cut way back - if you see a change in the symptoms from that, you have a cause-effect relationship you can go on. Do any particular allergies or intolerances run in your family?

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 13:15:14 pm »
 No allergies that I know of.  ???

Thing is she's happy as a clam and thats what keeping me back here. She's a great sleeper at night and over the last few days she has started napping like a trooper, really great days. (Well yesterday was a disaster but you have to takew the rough with the smooth eh?) SJe is not a fussy baby at all. Rarely cries, and I mean for whole days at a time. Sometimes when she does cry though its for no reason and it can be lengthy. 

Do those poops look like allergy poops?

I guess I just have to bite the bullet. Its a but selfish of me to be putting it off but seriously food is my thing. It really is. Thats what DH and I do, we eat good food together! I dont drink or go out, I just eat good food!

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 13:20:29 pm »
If she's not digesting her food properly, she's not going to get all the nutrition out of it. My kids can be happy as clams eating pizza, but the methane produced by them the next 2 days is a clear sign they can't digest the cheese, and J in particular gets a rash from something or other we still haven't worked out but some thing aggravate it so we still have to avoid some things. :(

Don't get me wrong, we still eat good food - we just had to change what good food we could eat. :) Frankly, we probably eat better food now than we did before we made any changes, and it wasn't "bad" before, either. ;)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 13:38:50 pm »
I guess I just have to bite the bullet. Its a but selfish of me to be putting it off but seriously food is my thing. It really is. Thats what DH and I do, we eat good food together! I dont drink or go out, I just eat good food!
This is so us too Emma.  And I tend to comfort eat too, which made it really hard getting through the miserable days with F when I couldn't even indulge in my favorites to make me happy!  :P

Those poops look intolerance related to me.  :(  It's the mucous that gives it away I think.  Green poops can be other things but I really think mucous is because of something she is eating.

About the rash, well it could be related for sure to something you are eating.  But I do remember with T (who had no food intolerances that I ever knew of), he had really bad baby acne and it lasted forever it seemed, probably until he was like 3mos.  Looked a lot like that.  So maybe it's just taking awhile to clear up.  At least I hope so. 

But Emma, IF you do have to go the ED diet, you really can enjoy lots of great things still.  It's not like you're giving up every yummy thing you love.  And you might be surprised and find some new favs.  If you do decide to eliminate, when Liz comes back from her trip (lucky lucky girl!), talk to her!!  She can help so much as she has just been through it all.

(((hugs))), I can totally see your dilemma!!!   :-*
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Need a sounding board. *poop pics added
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 23:47:49 pm »
(((hugs))) Emma. I can't speak to the poops, but her skin looks a lot like Dylan's did. I'm just on my iPod now but I will get on the computer properly and post a pic.

I know it's hard, but I really would try an ED. If it doesn't work you've done no harm and can go back to normal. But if you DO see improvement that will be all the motivation to keep it up :-* :-*

Will be back
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 10:06:16 am »
{{{hugs Emma}}} 

R has had a few nappies with mucous in them but they seem to have cleared up.  She has had a cold and has been really congested so the doctor said it was due to her swallowing all the mucous she was producing and that it could take a while to clear out of her system.  He was saying about babies not knowing to breath through their mouths or blow their noses that all that congestion goes into their stomachs.  Hasn't D been sick recently?

Offline ~Emma~

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:01 am »
Yes she was sick a couple of weeks bck and when I brought it up with the GP he said pretty much the same. It has been a while now and the nappies are getting worse if anything.

Things is too is that she is always congested too. Always has been since birth, I just put it down to the birth but its been a while since that now. I thought it should be clearing up.

Ach, I dont know what to think anymore.  ??? The only way I'm going to know for sure is via ED. I cant take a miserable Christmas watching everyone drinking and eating good food. I know there are good options available food-wise but I'm a whole milk kinds gal and lashings of butter on everything. I guess I want to the doc to give me some other reason for these poops so I dont have to do it.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 11:31:03 am »
I would prob plan to do the ED after the holidays if the nappies keep up.  In the meantime that gives the congestion a bit more time to clear. 

Is it possible to have an intolerance and for nappies to be the only symptom?