Author Topic: failure with milk.....BAD mother alert  (Read 1743 times)

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
« on: December 06, 2010, 13:37:18 pm »
so i gave DS 3 days running a dairy milk advent calendar chocolate. They are approx 2cm/2cm/0.5cm big.

He puked. Just a little, like the old days. and his poops went weird. :'(

The poor guy can't even have a tiny chocolate from his advent calendar. I am so sad for him. :'(
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: failure with milk.....BAD mother alert
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 13:45:30 pm »
Aw honey that is so sad. Made me blue, poor wee mite. Cant you home-make some kind of advnet calender for him with treats he can have?

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 14:43:08 pm »
IF it makes you feel any better we never had the candy kind when I was growing up. Seriously, I was a parent, so in my mid-30's, before I even knew they existed. Ours were all about folding back flaps and seeing pretty pics underneath - that's what my kids have. (I shudder to think what would happen if I gave them one of the candy ones.  :-[)

On one level it sucks, but it was a small portion and worth a try. Consider it a "food challenge" and do be kind to yourself.  :-*

BTW, in Craft Corner someone (Peekaboo?) linked to a DIY Advent calendar you make with matchboxes and fill with your own treats or notes or whatever.

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 15:36:51 pm »
DS has a paper advent calendar and I don't think I ever got a chocolate one ever!! I LOVE chocolate but don't want DS eating it (now and then he may get a tiny bit if someone offers, etc) as when he is older he will no doubt eat it, so am postponing it at long as possible.  I am a bad mum - I eat chocolate infront of DS but he "knows" that chocolate is for Mummies and Daddies!!!  (and he is now on milk free diet so can't eat it anyway!!)

I think chocolate and sweets are marketed as a "treat" for kids so we buy them.  My nephew never got any sweets and got really excited when he got to choose a fruit snack from the health food shop!!!  It's how you "market" things to your kids!

If I was you,I would get DS a different calendar and eat the choccies yourself!!!  My Mum made a calendar with little pockets that were filled with tiny presents in them, that we took turns to open ,....
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Showing Appreciation 87
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 16:50:25 pm »
My Mom made our advent calendar too where we put a felt ornament on a felt tree every day to count down to Christmas.

I feel bad he can't have chocolate but my daughter actually prefers sweets like lollypops over chocolate anyway so its OK!  And fruit snacks are a great treat.  Juice is still considered a treat in my house as well (totally lucked on there).

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 19:20:00 pm »
yeah, i know. I have got a card one that my mum found, and he is happy with that. I just told him the choc choc's are the things that made the sick come, and he understands.

Its not really the calendar that matters to me (M-I-L bought it, not me!), its the fact that something so TINY can bother his little body. He is such a spirited boy, and one little upset can cause trouble for days! So, today we are getting back to normal. last choc was on saturday, he had a normal poop and no sick today. behviour slowly improving, less screaming, less asking for paci.

I know it could be worse. just thinking about steffi makes me wonder why i even have this thread.

thanks for the support guys
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 19:55:44 pm »
If it was bothering you then you were right to post it, even if it seems a small issue compared to what others are going through.  I know what you mean about a small thing bothering your LO - we are finally (almost aged 2!) figuring out what upsets DS's bowels ... it's not nice seeing them having problems

Enjoy the choccies :o)
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

scarlettsmom

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 21:42:00 pm »
Aw, ((((((hugs))))))).  

I posted on the other thread about outgrowing MPI, disregard....was wondering if your LO could tolerate hidden dairy.   :-\

If it was bothering you then you were right to post it, even if it seems a small issue compared to what others are going through. 

Exactly!

And no bad mother alert at ALL!  You were in tune with your DS, knew when things were changing up with his poops and puking.....that's a GREAT mama!!!   :-*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 21:44:58 pm by scarlett'smom »

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 22:21:59 pm »

And no bad mother alert at ALL!  You were in tune with your DS, knew when things were changing up with his poops and puking.....that's a GREAT mama!!!   :-*

Second this.  :)