Author Topic: Has anyone tested toddler with suspected intolerance  (Read 1137 times)

Offline parmar1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Has anyone tested toddler with suspected intolerance
« on: December 13, 2010, 16:41:17 pm »
My Lo has always been a windy baby/toddler who also had bad colic and reflux (took baby gavicon). She has also never really slept well during the night and still even thou she is now 2 farts at night and first thing in the morning. She also has a bm every 2 days and struggles with them.
I have been suspecting food intolerance, but not really sure how I can get my DD tested...
Does her symptoms sound common?

TIA

Ash
x

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: Has anyone tested toddler with suspected intolerance
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 16:52:02 pm »
Hi Ash, do you have any ideas of what she might be intolerant too?  That might be a good place to start.  You would have to eliminate the food that you think is causing the problem.  I think a doctor can only test for blood in the stool which would be indicative of an intolerance, but they can't test for what is causing it.  The only way to know would be to eliminate it from her diet. 
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline parmar1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 17:47:34 pm »
Hello again
You can see I am desperately trying to solve these horrid NW's and getting her sleeping better. I suspect it might be wheat...Will have to try and eliminate this for a while and see if she's is any better. Do you think I would see an improvement if I eliminated for a week?
More importantly, I need to get her bowels moving abit more frequently as she is def uncomfortable when trying to poop!
Thanks for responding...

Oh - we're going to move DD to a BGB in the new year - and hopefully she wont need to be held to sleep! Whohoooo

x

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 18:00:51 pm »
I do think if you eliminated all wheat you will see a difference quickly.  Have you thought about not just wheat, but gluten as well?  Eliminating the wheat should help with her bowels.

Good luck with the BGB, of course post on Toddler Sleep if you need some support!  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012