Author Topic: mixed feeding with nutramigen  (Read 1497 times)

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
mixed feeding with nutramigen
« on: January 06, 2011, 20:00:04 pm »
We mix feed Alyssa but for the last 2 weeks she has been exclussivly breast fed due to mpi and waiting her pead apt.

From tommorow we will be mix feeding with nutramigen we been told it can be hard for them to accept

pead said she is young enough she should accept it, but i read that it can be harder with mix feeding as breast milk is so sweet

Im wondering the best way to go about it, I could try expressing a bit but its finding time to express with 3 kids a second to sit down is hard enough so long term its not really an option

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: mixed feeding with nutramigen
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 20:53:06 pm »
I have had problems with both my kids - but they are that much older. J rejected at 6/7 mths and M is doing the same.

Rememeber your LO has NO real taste buds at this time.

I would just give it a go and see - and if it is rejected slowly mix it with ebm so they get used to the taste more gradually.

Good luck.

We have plenty of Mamas whose LOS are just fine with it  :-* :-* :-*

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 21:16:42 pm »
she wasnt keen but took 2 oz lol hv said they might regect at 10 weeks but will get used to it if we keep on as you can get used to anything haha

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

scarlettsmom

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 16:24:33 pm »
Hi,

Are you doing mixed feeds for caloric reasons, or just to have a backup in place?  The reason I ask is that we did mostly BF, but tried most days to give a small bottle of HA formula to see what she could tolerate in event my supply dropped, or I had to wean earlier than I intended.  If it's for a back up, 2 oz is great!!  Just to get her used to the difference taste and bottle.  And yeah, I imagine it would be very hard to pump with 3 kids!!  After having to dump my massive amounts of frozen EBM once we pinpointed her allergies, I just couldn't stomach the thought of doing it any more.

I found G took to the HA with very little problem.  She couldn't tolerate nutramigen or alimentum, so went to Neocate.  It was just a little a day, but if I did have to wean I knew it was a solid back up and she would take it, (and Neocate is pretty gross compared to Nutramigen!)

((((hugs))))