Author Topic: How to get 16week to nap before bedtime?  (Read 734 times)

Offline skibunny

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to get 16week to nap before bedtime?
« on: December 27, 2010, 20:05:33 pm »
Does anyone have advice for how to get a 16week boy to have a small nap before bedtime?

Bedtime is 7pm but most evenings he is really overtired as I just cannot get him to have a nap late afternoon.

By the time he is put to bed he has been awake about 4 hours. I know the more tired he is, the harder it is to get to sleep.

Try to wind him down. Try shsh pat. Try picking him up. No luck.

Tried different activity lengths.

He is a terrible napper anyway.

Between 4pm-5pm he would doze off in the car if I collect my husband from work. (This is not all the time) Then bedtime is a bit easier.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: How to get 16week to nap before bedtime?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 20:44:26 pm »
If he will sleep in the car, I'd do that. It won't be long before his A times are stretching out and he can do without the catnap, but until then I would rock him, drive him, stroller him - whatever you need to do.

Offline skibunny

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to get 16week to nap before bedtime?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 21:31:03 pm »
Funny you should say that, but my husband and I were just thinking that - work his late afternoon nap into a trip in the car, or I could walk him in the pram as Im still on maternity leave.

Just wasnt sure if it was a bad habit to get him into. But as you said, it wont be long before he will not need that wee nap before bedtime.

Thanks!