Author Topic: Anyone tried Prince lionheart bear or similar?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline mamatoto

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Anyone tried Prince lionheart bear or similar?
« on: December 28, 2010, 22:00:43 pm »
My LO is 7 and a half months old and we are having lots of NW's. He was STTN til 5 and a half months and last 2 months we have had issues. We have tweaked EASY and increased A time and after a week of that he STTN for 5 nights then it all went wrong again. Was thinking about getting a Prince lionheart bear to put in cot to help him get back to sleep when he wakes but not sure if it's worth it? Anyone else used one? what do you think of them?

Thanks!

Megan x

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Anyone tried Prince lionheart bear or similar?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 22:06:25 pm »
We had one, personally I didn't like it at all. The sound sensor wasn't sensitive enough, and if it soothed LO at all, it jolted him awake because the sound stopped suddenly which woke him up

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 22:06:33 pm »
Haven't tried the Prince Lionheart, but we have a Sleep Sheep which I think works on a similar principle (http://www.babysleepshop.com/acatalog/The_Sleep_Sheep_from_Cloud_b.html?gclid=CIn1t5f6j6YCFQ8f4QodvkCQpA) and I think it is quite good.  We used it a lot for about 6 months from when dd2 was about 18 months old, and now we use it occasionally if she is finding it particularly hard to get back to sleep.

One reason I wouldn't buy a Prince Lionheart bear is that it reactivates when the baby moves around - so I would be worried about it disturbing them when it didn't need to, iyswim?  But as I say, I haven't tried one, so that might be a really good feature!

Offline mamatoto

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 22:19:32 pm »
Hi both,

Thanks for those replies! i was worried about it reactivating too and waking him up. think i will have to wait it out a bit and see how he goes with NW's. Will take a look at the sleep sheep though instead to see what it's all about incase that might be a better option.

Mx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 22:24:22 pm »
We have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Wonders-Soothe-Seahorse/dp/B0045O4Y4A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_3 and used it for DD from when she was about 7 months. It did seem to help and only this week she was getting herself really worked up at a NW until I switched it on. It doesn't reactivate but she does set it off by lying on it - I think she can do it herself now too as I could hear it this morning when she was chatting to herself.

Laura

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 22:25:01 pm »
If you think white noise will help, why not just put white noise on a mp3 loop and play it all night?

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 22:51:46 pm »
Hmmmmm.....if that is the animal that makes the sounds of the womb, then I think at 7 mos it is too late...as that sound is very comforting to a newborn, but not an older infant?  That is what I always thought?    *If* that is what you're talking about?   :-\