Author Topic: Anybody find BLW upset LO's tummy?  (Read 898 times)

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
Anybody find BLW upset LO's tummy?
« on: December 28, 2010, 19:25:20 pm »
We did BLW with DD and loved it.  I was surprised that most of the food we fed her seemed to go straight through and come out in tact, but it never bothered her, so we rolled with it and eventually she started chewing and all was well.  Now we're doing it with DS2 and he loves feeding himself, but most of his food also comes out in tact. 

We're having hideous NWings and doesn't exactly correlate to when we started solids, but I feel like there may be a connection as sometimes at his NWings he seems to be in discomfort, but it doesn't seem to be teeth. 

I fed him bananas and that a definitely caused constipation with NWings from discomfort, so I stopped the bananas, saw some improvement, but then he regressed again. 

I'm thinking of going to purees for a bit.  :-\  I'm thinking pears since that seems to be a very mild, low allergenic food.  Maybe some prunes to make sure he's really cleared out of any constipation . . . 

Any thoughts?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 19:34:46 pm »
I was worried with F's sensitive tummy that we'd have more problems, but I don't think so.  I'm sure there have been times when something was a little harder on him, but TBH we've always had so many NWings that it didn't seem to make a difference!  :P  It's not like he was sttn and then started waking with solids.   ::)  And his sleep has been getting better, not worse, so I don't think anything is bugging him and we give him all sorts of things now.

I dunno really, even when I did try purees F just would not take them.   :-\  But your DS2 is the same age as F, so I would think he'd be ok enough to continue with BLW.  I guess if it were me I wouldn't bother going back to purees, I'd just continue slowly with the BLW.

Well, for us at least it was slow going.  Up until recently he hardly ate anything but now he is starting to get the hang of it so we're going to perservere.  ;)

What if you asked on the BLW support thread? 
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012