Author Topic: If a baby wakes from 35 or 45 minute nap happy does that mean UT?  (Read 911 times)

Offline lesliemarie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
My 12 week old DD is waking from naps anywhere between 30-45 minutes and wakes happy each time.  I've tried extending her awake time and we've gone from an hour to an hour and 30 minutes with variations in between.  I've also started carrying her around for 20 minutes before each nap to calm her down.  She goes down much more easily. She is still rocked as she has reflux but it seems to be more or less under control so we're going to start shhh/pat once we get home from the holidays.  I really don't understand what is going on.  Please help.
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: If a baby wakes from 35 or 45 minute nap happy does that mean UT?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 16:58:10 pm »
1.5hrs is about average for her age, so I'd guess at UT. Basically though, short naps are the bane of many parents lives until the baby gets a bit older, for some it is just developmental and no amount of tweaking helps.

Offline lesliemarie

• Showing Appreciation 24
Re: If a baby wakes from 35 or 45 minute nap happy does that mean UT?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 17:41:42 pm »
Well thats good to know.  I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out and its driving me crazy  :P 

She now has a cold so I know that isn't helping things as she has gotten tired and upset at the 1 hour mark today but was doing 1.5 hours yesterday.  She had one 30 min nap this morning and she is on her second now and has been down for 50 min.  I had to go in at the 30 min mark and give her the paci and hold her arms and back and then again at the 45 min mark but she was clearly tired and not ready to get up.  She also fought me really hard to go down for her nap this time and doesn't when she is up for longer.  Which I would have thought meant she was UT this time.  Ha.  Oh well, I'll keep trying.
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine