Author Topic: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 8  (Read 66585 times)

Offline pondofstillwater

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 8
« Reply #435 on: October 18, 2011, 23:39:58 pm »
Hi There,

Just wondering anyone's LO has stopped eating when teething. DD has not eating for 2 full days other than few bites of rice rusks. The total oz of the day is barely 7. She wakes up few times during the night but then put herself back sleep fine. Last night she was very hungry at 4am and downed 7oz.

It has been 3 days like Tracy mentioned. The tooth is visible under the gum (top right tooth) but not yet through... She also sleeps like crazy in the day. 2 naps of 3 and 3.5hr. I feel like I am back to the newborn days.

Should I worry about her food intake and the disrupted sleep? She always sleep through the night before this. When she was cutting her bottom 2 teeth at 5 months, she did not exhibit anything like this time. This time, she is so dosy all the time and really is not the angel baby I know of.

I hope to hear moms who had similar experiences and would like to know that it will all go back to normal...

Offline Papaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #436 on: October 18, 2011, 23:46:38 pm »
if he's full then he will start to 'clean up' his highchair tray himself which involves sweeping all the unwanted food onto the floor.

Same here :) - but she's slowly learning to sign all finished instead. Baby sign language and BLW compliment each other well!

I also haven't read the book as when I wanted it the lead-in time for order and delivery (rural Thailand) was about three months. I've just read heaps online. Most people seem to say it's worth getting if you can though.

Pondofstillwater: my LO goes off food too, although she'll usually still eat a little. Understandable if it's uncomfortable or sore, I think. For solids, I offer things like strips of tomato and cucumber sticks, straight out of the fridge, that she can rub against her gums, and she'll usually go for those. It does pass! The top two were worse than the bottom two for us too/
*Nuala*

Offline beckygatt

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #437 on: October 19, 2011, 06:49:07 am »
Thanks for all the info! I did buy the book actually and have decided to try it this way. I never had problems with DD1, she was always a good eater, but blw does seem to make sense and I know friends who have had difficulty with traditional weaning when it comes to lumps etc. I guess I was lucky with DD1. It sounds like lots of fun too :). S is only just 5 months so I'll probably give her a bit longer.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #438 on: October 19, 2011, 17:55:23 pm »
You have reached 30 pages so I am locking this thread!

Please continue chatting on;

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=219175.0

:D