Author Topic: 14mth old hates journeys in the car  (Read 1432 times)

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 13, 2011, 22:01:43 pm »
girls i find when im driving with my 14mth old boy im constantly twisting around to gie him things to occupy hm in the car.even on a short journey he gets mad and wants out. any ideas how i can make journeys less stressful? x

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
Re: 14mth old hates journeys in the car
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 22:33:36 pm »
Does listening to music help? We have a CD that has nursery rhymes in it and DS loves it! He is great in the car but when he is having a bad day, that CD works miracles!

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 19:48:24 pm »
My son is 22 mths and we got nothin'.  Until he's old enough to self-occupy I think we are doomed :-(  We try to go at nap time in the hopes that he falls asleep (maybe 1 out of 5 times) but other than that it's stress the entire trip.

Now I just tell him 'mommy can't turn around when she's driving, sorry' and leave it at that.  He cries and carries on but we need to get to our destination safely so I need full concentration.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 22:52:10 pm »
yes i do play music etc. its usually ends up in me givin him snacks to keep him busy

Offline brenda2

• Showing Appreciation 227
Re: 14mth old hates journeys in the car
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 06:01:35 am »
snacks were the only thing that kept my dd1 occupied  and not screaming in the car until dd2 arrived (dd1 was 21 mo).  it was like she was lonely back there and as soon as her sister arrived she was much happier and even tried to keep the baby happy and pass her things etc.  now she's older and music is great as is the ipod that she can do herself.  snacks still work to keep them both occupied.  we never had the same trouble with dd2 as dd1 was there keeping her busy.