Author Topic: 7 month old - yoghurt only  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Rachel600

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 25, 2011, 17:11:18 pm »
Hi

Just wondering if you could give me any advice re 7month old and solids. DD2 has been for a while now refusing solid food especially savoury. I have made a variety of purees, fish, chicken, vegetable combinations but she only really has about 3 spoons if that. She strated off OK at around 5.5 months as she was awake loads at night and we thought it might help. Now she is sleeping a bit better but still wakes up 2 or 3 times a night.

So for approx a month she has been refusing savoury food. Her routine is

7am Feed (BF)
8am ish breakfast of oat cereal and pear puree which she sometimes eats.
10am nap until 10:45 or 12.
12ish lunch of chicken casserole, veg, fruit puree and yoghurt (so much variety as she doesnt eat the savoury bits!!)
2pm nap of 45mins or 2hrs
4ish (BF)
5:30 tea of a veggie puree and fruit puree and last resort finish of the yoghurt from lunch as I start worrying about the night ahead!!
6pm bath
7- 7:30 bed (BF)

Any ideas would be great, have sent for a baby led weaning book but am really worried about the choking thing so it really puts me off. Any ideas would be great.

Thank you

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 21:14:35 pm »
Have you had a chance to read the Baby Led Weaning book?  It really explains about choking and gagging and may help reassure you on that front.  BLW is great for these types of situations because often a baby will eat different flavours if allowed to have more control and explore at her own pace.

You can keep offering but only she will decide what to eat.  Maybe this link will help a bit:  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=182686.0
:)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: 7 month old - yoghurt only
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 21:26:31 pm »
Hi I have the same problem with my DD who is nearly 8 months, although she always eats loads if it is sweet! She has a big breakfast of cereal and fruit and then will eat nothing else some days unless it is fruit or something else sweet. I have discovered, as Martina said, that she will eat if she has control, so if she can dip rice cakes or cheese sticks into her purees then she will eat it. She will also eat it from me feeding her if I offer it on toast fingers, strips of cheese, etc but seems to hate the spoon. Maybe give that a try?