Author Topic: too much milk powder in bottle!!  (Read 3072 times)

Offline mommyArnold

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Evie 19/9/05 Owen 7/11/10
too much milk powder in bottle!!
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:52:06 am »
Arrrrgh, so last night i decided to make bottles of water up with only 4oz in (normally i do 5oz) i was sick of wasting the milk.. anyway was lying in bed watchin tv 10.30 came and got up to DF on auto piolet i put 5 scoops in :0 i never realised untill he hank drank the whole bottle and i thought cricky he was hungry then it dawned on me.. i felt sooo bad. As ive heard this is bad for there lil tummys! :(  BUT  he slept allll the way through till 7am!! i cnt do that again but was so glad of a nights sleep
Evie 19/9/05 Owen 7/11/10

Offline Texomamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: too much milk powder in bottle!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 13:37:58 pm »
No worries, only a minor glitch. It's not like you put double the amount of powder in and asked yourself "Why is this the consistency of pudding?"

If that is the worse thing you did to your LO all day, you are doing great :)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: too much milk powder in bottle!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 16:12:54 pm »
As pp said - as a one off it's not a problem! There can be issues if people regularly put too much powder in  but one extra scoop in one bottle won't harm him. I've been there done that - I have also lost count of the no of bottles I have thrown out and started again because I lost track of how many scoops I had put in ::). That's sleep deprivation for you!

Laura