Author Topic: 22 mo Early waking help please  (Read 708 times)

Offline debcooper

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:36:50 am »
Hello,

I have boy/girl twins and can not get our boy to sleep in past 4:45 (I can hear him in his cot from 4 but he can go back to sleep). I previously had some great help from this forum as he was waking and getting up at 4am.

My daughter can sleep in up to 7am, but I know of course every child is different. He recently stayed at his grandparents and woke at 6 after a 3 hr sleep in the day but we can't work out what is different there. We have tried wake to sleep but it isn't making any difference.

His routine is below.

Wake 4:45 (but making noises in his hot from 4am)
Milk 5:45
Breakfast 7
Snack 9-9:30
Lunch 11-11:30
nap 11:30 for 2 to 3 hrs.
Snack 3
dinner 5
bath/bottle 6
Bed 6:30

We started putting him to bed at 6:30 in case he was getting over tired and although it hasn't make much difference to his EW at least we get more of an evening before we have to go to bed very early  :)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: 22 mo Early waking help please
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 19:12:34 pm »
What about pushing nap and bedtime back and capping the nap at 2hrs?  Maybe your DD is higher sleep needs - so she could keep a longer nap perhaps?  So maybe try a noon nap and a 7.30pm bedtime?
LAURA xx

Offline debcooper

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 17:51:27 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I capped the nap at 2hrs today and am trying for a 7pm bedtime. As we usually go to bed for 9 not quite ready to loose too much of my evening in case they don't sleep any later  :o.

I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again. :)