Author Topic: salicylates ED help  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
salicylates ED help
« on: February 03, 2011, 19:45:27 pm »
Back story quickly

DD#1 reacted a few times to prunes, stawberrys and sauces on her face (reaction i now know can be typical of salicylates which i didnt know at the time haha)
DD#2 is mpi lactose intollent and deffinatly unable to tollerate tomatoes because it gives her a bad stomach and same reaction as DD#1
DD#3 who I am doing the ED for...

Alyssa is 3 months old not doing too grand, bad reflux, mpi and i am sure something else is effecting her stomach, she also is not doing so good at gaining weight, stayed stationary for a month then gained a bit then lost a bit.

She is mix fed main breast with 1-2 bottles of nutramigen made to a 15% concentrate instead of 13% (under the dietions advice)

oh and I just found out husband was allergic to salicylic acid as a child which he has subsequently grown out of (only when i was looking things up today did he say "yeah i was allergic as a child" lol )

Ive found alot of conflicting information

I'm on a diet now to loose weight so i really need to find out mainly what fruit and veg I CAN eat

Erm yeah so please help me any advice on what I CAN eat will be great, I think I'm going to eliminate high sals first and see what happens and im dairy free too

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
Re: salicylates ED help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 22:38:43 pm »
can someone in the know have a look at the list down on this page
http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/02/08/what-are-salicylates-could-salicylates-be-zapping-your-energy-and-making-you-feel-ill.htm

and tell me if it seems correct to you

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:49:07 pm »
Hi Louise, I think Eloise has said she will have a look at this for you  :)

Also, there was a bit of a chat thread going on about this diet here;

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=175107.0

There may be some useful info in there for you?

HTH

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
Hi Hun,

Unfortunately all the accurate lists that I used to refer to have been taken off the net for some reason, I really do need to find a new one. 

Anyway, I will need to PM you the charts I use for the most acurate source, I will try to do it tonight.  I looked at your link, the list on the end of the article has quite a few that are wrong...  Swain is actually a very good source, she heads up the allergy unit at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Unit.  But I suspect the list of old they are always re-testing the foods for salicylate content and then publishing them each year.  There are quite a few alarming wrong things on the chart, off the top of my head watermelon is HIGH, onion is VERY HIGH and peas are MODERATE. Leeks and shallots are to become your new onion, onions not to be cooked with anymore.

The best thing would be to buy this book called "The ELimination Diet Handbook, from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Unit is the world's leader in food intolerance treatment: http://www.sswahs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/allergy/ .

I will ask my food intolerance friends for a better online list.

Also, here is a link to recipes that are low salicylate and low food chemical : http://members.optusnet.com.au/~failsafe/recipes01.html