Author Topic: 5 months and frustrated  (Read 3227 times)

Offline oe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • Pam
Re: 5 months and frustrated
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 14:07:29 pm »
my 3 girls - I know his A time should be much longer, but it seems he gets soooo cranky if I wait any longer than 1hr40mins for the first nap especially. He gets so OT that it results in a 30min nap only. I have tried increasing it too, but then the whole day is horrible. He has always been super low on the A side forever. I have been putting him down after 1hr35-40mins for first nap for a couple of days and he has been having 1hr15mins naps. This is A LOT better than usual. I would like to extend the A time too, maybe I will try in a few days :)
Jacob, my little monkey - 03/19/2008
Owen, my gerber baby -  09/03/2010

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 14:15:24 pm »
Definitely go slow with it, and so glad to see that it's getting a little better for you in the nap departement. Sleep is such a slow thing to improve upon, so that plus you being sleep deprived on top of it makes it such a challenge.

My twins took FOREVER to adjust sleep times, but E not so much. I think temperment plays a large role in sleep needs and sensitivity to change kwim? Even if you went in increments of 5 mins and lengthened your wind down routine a little bit.

You're doing great - keep up the good work!
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

scucci1979

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 18:54:57 pm »
Quote (selected)
Sleep is such a slow thing to improve upon, so that plus you being sleep deprived on top of it makes it such a challenge.

Couldn't agree more.