Author Topic: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)  (Read 75607 times)

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: Anyone else on an elimination diet (Fed up or RPAH?)
« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2011, 09:17:57 am »
ok here's my thread about weaning and milk and calcium intake;

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=185707.msg2122299

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2011, 10:54:12 am »
Ok so we have completed a second week of moderate salicylates added to Kais diet now.   This week I sort of let the quantities get "unrestricted"   :o   He has one suspect day 3 days ago witrh 20% yellow mucus nappy, refluxy, & tired.  But then it went away.  His poos are back to good and he is relatively happy even though he is teething.  Don't get me wrong, Nw's have come back... but i know its the teeth  ::)

So I will sit on this dose of salicylates for another week to see where we are with the sals and the teething.  Then maybe even consider throwing in some HIGH salicylates!  My boy may eat a blueberry yet  ;D

Interestingly both dietician and naturopath strongly recommend not to try high sals on hinm this early, which is a bummer.  I am thinking I want to keep going forward until we get a good range of foods and until we meet a definite reaction.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2011, 16:31:44 pm »
Hi Eloise, how are you getting on?

Was flicking through channels on TV last night and there was a prog called 'Embarressing Illnesses'. This bloke had a rash all over his body and went for testing and was told he was allergic to salicylates and something similar beginning B (found in junk foods it seemed). Anyway they put a list of some foods that each were found in and salicylates  are found in toothpaste! I didn't know that! Sure you do tho  ;). Funny as I outside of this forum I had never heard of salicylates till that prog.

hrk

« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2011, 18:44:42 pm »
Yes, toothpaste, and most beauty products are a minefield.  The natural beauty products are often loaded with them, and most herbs and plant based things don't even have a rating to know if they are high or low.  Even watch out for scented things and household cleaners.  ;-)