Author Topic: Confused?  (Read 1010 times)

scucci1979

Confused?
« on: February 13, 2011, 13:51:04 pm »
I don't know why I don't remember with DD1 but I think it was b/c we did BLW. DD2 is enjoying her solids but am a little confused on when to actually give more then one item/food group at lunch time/dinner time.

ATM she is having two meals a day.  For breakfast, she has cereals and lunch we are working through the fruits(pears/apples/apricots and avocados).  I only give one fruit! Now, when we go through all the fruits and meats and vegetables, is that when I offer another food group to her meal.  Does that make sense? For instance, should I begin offering her a vegetable and fruit for lunch?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 14:47:41 pm »
I think it's still really early to be going to heavy with the solids.  Since she's only just 6mos now, I'd stick to offering just one kind per meal.  She's doing pretty good having 2 meals a day already!  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

scucci1979

Re: Confused?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 15:59:39 pm »
thanks Martina.  What age do you think I should begin?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 16:06:08 pm »
I guess there is really no hurry, and you can go by your instinct as well.  If she is loving it and seems adventurous, then maybe in the next few weeks think about offering different combinations.  You have lots of time, so it's really up to you.  Maybe by 7mos?  You're mommy, you know your LO best!  ;)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012