Author Topic: Introducing Elecare  (Read 1210 times)

Offline ccg01

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 21, 2011, 17:07:48 pm »
I am so sad about having to do this, but it looks like I'm going to have a week of business travel in three weeks and there is no way I can get enough milk pumped to get LO through the week. He's almost 10 mos old and has not had any formula. I know it isn't bad for him but am very sad about it. Guess I have to push through that and try the formula soon (DH is actually borderline upset we didn't try it before now as he is worried about feeding him when I am gone).
 :'(
DS has MSPI and the GI office gave us Elecare to try with him. Any hints for how to introduce it?

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Introducing Elecare
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 21:14:23 pm »
He takes a bottle of ebm ok? If so, you could gradually mix the formula with ebm to give him time to get used to the taste. So 1oz of formula to 4oz ebm for a couple days, then 2oz f to 3oz ebm, etc... That's how I got Dylan from ebm to soy milk :)
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline ccg01

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 00:46:29 am »
He does take bottles just fine. We can try mixing the two. I had heard it is so nasty that it might put him off the milk. Fingers crossed he won't mind. I hate to think of wasting the EBM. Thanks!