Author Topic: Trying weaning again...any advice...  (Read 4127 times)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 12:48:46 pm »
I keep sweet potatoes fries in the fridge for a day or so.

Blueberries are great!  They are excellent for practicing pincher grasp.  We use frozen wild blueberries.  Tend to be messy though, so I usually do them at dinner before bathtime.  ;)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Trying weaning again...any advice...
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 21:07:04 pm »
We also did blueberries very early with DD1.  I used fresh ones and initially cut them in half, but by 8 mo, I think I was giving them whole.  Also did grapes cut in quarters (or even smaller). 

AliG

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 21:16:43 pm »
Just made my first batch of roasted sweet potato wedges/chunks! Some of them are a little on the well done side though....?!
Also, sorry for all the questions, but would you re-heat these before giving them (in the oven?) or just go for room temperature?

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 21:54:03 pm »
You can reheat them.  I never bother as the boys like them just as well cold.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

AliG

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 20:04:36 pm »
Anyone ever tried any salmon fish fingers or similar? Is this a good idea or shall I avoid? Just not sure how to introduce fish. Or maybe I'm trying to run - a marathon! - before I can walk...

AliG

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 09:34:59 am »
Hi again,

So, yesterday, I sat down to offer LO a yoghurt (he immediately takes the spoon pre-loaded and sort of plays with it, sucks a bit etc.). But, yesterday, I noticed that as I went to hand it to him, he reached out his hand but also opened his mouth. He had over a third of a 90g pot! Maybe he's computed that there is 'food' on the spoon now..

Tried weetabix this morning and again he opened his mouth and reached his hand out. he lost interest after not very long but ate some. Don't get me wrong, if you added it all up it would probably be less than 2 tsp, but still.

My query is, do I continue solely with BLW and offer runny foods with a spoon. Or, should I see if he continues to open his mouth for the spoon, albeit holding it himself too, and add in some purees too? As it seems easier to introduce certain foods that way, i.e. some meats, fish etc.? If I start doing a few purees, I presume I can skip the really runny stage and go to the more textured stage though? (he has certainly swallowed bits of food but not big bits etc. but still presume runny purees would be going backwards?)

What do you think?

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 12:34:09 pm »
If my DS2 would let me feed him I would.  There were a few fleeting times where he would before going back to refusing.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Hey, if you can manage to get a little more food in that way, good for you!  ;)  Just don't be surprised or disappointed if it doesn't last long, and yes keep letting him do plenty for himself as well.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010