Author Topic: BLW or traditional weaning pasta recipes  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
BLW or traditional weaning pasta recipes
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:11 am »
Here are a couple of recipes from my blog:  http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

They'd work if you're BLW or older than 7 months and using small pasta.

Spinach and cheese pasta

This came to me in bed while I was thinking about spinach and ricotta pasta for my husband and I but babies are better off having higher fat cheeses than ricotta.

1 small “block” of frozen spinach
A few gratings of nutmeg
1 tbsp full fat cream cheese
A few gratings of mature or extra mature cheddar (I don’t believe in mild)
A handful of pasta.

Cook the pasta in boiling water, although the pack I have says 3-4 minutes I find it takes 6 mins to cook despite doing it al dente.  Cook the spinach in the microwave for about a minute then add the cream cheese, cheese and nutmeg, cook for a minute more, add water if needed until your sauce is boiling.

When the pasta is done, mix together and wait till it’s the right temperature for your baby.  Also tasty for adults.

Cheese and mushroom pasta

Made this yesterday and my husband kept “checking it was the right temperature” so I think it was popular with both of them.

2-3 mushrooms chopped up very small (think 3mm square, don’t worry it doesn’t take long)
A small amount of unsalted butter
1 tbsp full fat cream cheese
A few gratings of mature or extra mature cheddar
Clove of garlic peeled and kept whole

Put on the pasta.  Fry the mushrooms with the garlic until softened, discard the garlic (as it will have given a subtle flavour without being too much) then add the cream cheese, cheddar and some of the pasta water until it’s a bubbling sauce.

Mix!  Watch baby and husband take alternate spoonfuls!

Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/