Author Topic: Bath time  (Read 1958 times)

Offline georgeo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Bath time
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:34:25 am »
Hi,

Just wondering how often your little ones have a bath.  We do it at night before bed.  This week DS has started to not want to go into the bath so we have been doing a quick wash with a facecloth.  The one night he went in he loved it as usual and stayed in for 45 minutes before we took him out.  Not sure if it's mixing with some OT and teething.  Anyway we're thinking maybe we should move the bath to a different time of day.  If so, when do you do it and how often?

He's nearly 21 months. 

Offline hatshetsut

• Formerly hollyj
  • Showing Appreciation 59
  • Peekaboo!
    • Global Tots Travel Blog
Re: Bath time
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:55:07 am »
We do a bath when ever it fits into the day, not at a specific time. Usually they get a bath every other day and it generally comes after the PM nap, around 4. I found with my two that if I did it closer bedtime it just made them crazy. If I know it is going to be a busy night we do it in the morning right after getting up, but that is less common.
Abigail - Defines Spirited! - 5-1-06

Katherine - Is a mystery wrapped in a cute package - 4-13-10

Offline jendewit

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 20:14:45 pm »
I agree as DS has gotten older I just try to bathe him every other day or every two days(depending on the filth) and usually it is after his nap.  My mother in law always did it first thing in the morning.  Also, I know if DS takes one at night and he really loves it, I have let him stay in a while and then regret it because he was very OT.

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 21:46:21 pm »
We still bath DS everyday at bedtime.  He is 19 months.  Though he loves bathtime it is still an excellent windown time for him before bed.
-Nadia

Offline Ryan&HollysMom

• Claudia-German married to Canadian
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • halloween 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 01:11:10 am »
we only do bath about 3 times a week. my daughter loves it and is way hyper afterward, so we try and not do it around bedtime. kinda whenever it fits in. also, ds wants to get in there with her, and it turns into this big splashfest with the curtain closed - i don't have the nerves for that more often. we also do showers if we don't have much time.
as a side note, when we grew up we had to heat the water with coal (on the 4th floor!), so we had a bath once a week. i never knew it any other way, i guess, and we certainly weren't dirty kids.... that's what sinks are for, right? so if that's what you do sometimes, there's no problem with that.
Claudia-German married to Canadian

and our angel, 10 weeks, 11/19/08

Offline brenda2

• Showing Appreciation 227
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:19 am »
we do bath every 2nd or third night and both girls go in together after dinner but a bit before bedtime.

i also remember having baths only once a week as a child.

Offline georgeo

• Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:00:35 am »
Thanks everyone.  The phase has passed...he's back to loving it.  Now if only he would start loving having his hair washed!